32

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁

I would go on a rant about how fucking stupid I am, but I'm sure everybody already knows

This has been the worst week of my life and that's not an exaggeration. I didn't think losing her would affect me like this, yet this is some of the worst pain I've ever felt.

Before her, I was a grumpy bastard. During her, I was a little more tolerable. But now that I've lost her? I'm the worst I've ever been.

She was the one good thing in my life and now she's been ripped away from me. And the worst part is, it's no one's fault but mine.

I'm so selfish. I shouldn't be so upset. She's better off without me.

I've always hated who I am but meeting her made me believe that I was actually capable of being trusted and cared for. She knew who I am, but she didn't know what I am and that changed everything.

Now I have nothing.

Some would argue that I have friends, money and people who work for me. That's all nothing to me. That never mattered. The only thing that mattered was her and now she's gone and I know there's no chance of ever getting her back.

Looking up at the clock, I sigh knowing I still have ten minutes of this bullshit meeting left. Everything recently has been a countdown, just waiting for the days to be over. I have nothing to look forward to.

The table has six of us sitting at it. Me, Vince, Harvey, Payton, Derek and Florence.

We're the six highest people in this company, we run things. Even though I built this place from the ground up, I still need assistance.

Right now, we're talking about how to track down Armani, our number one enemy who is also Wilson's father. It was a stupid idea recruiting him, thinking that it would work in our favor, but we haven't gotten any closer to finding this guy.

We usually take a vote and they almost always choose the side I'm against. It's ridiculous that I don't have the right to make the calls around here.

Vince clears his throat beside me. "I say we take the plane back to Italy. Most of his men are there. We can try and catch a few, bring them back here, and try to get answers."

I roll my eyes. That's what we've been doing for years. Yes, that plan has worked with everyone else we've taken down, but Armani's followers are some of the most loyal people I've ever met.

"How many times have we tried that?" Florence asks. She's about ten years my senior but I still remain superior to her. "How many times have we proved to ourselves that that plan isn't going to work?"