Add it Up

On Saturday, on the Shake it Up, Chicago! stage, CeCe, Rocky, and Brooks were dancing to an awesome song with the rest of the dancers.

Everybody, we're going now

It's our life

We got a vital sign

It's our life

Not gonna let it die

Now it's pulsing, It's beating

It's moving, It's breathing

Tonight

It's our life

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

It's our life

The song then ended with the six dancers on stage hanging their heads like marionettes as the background dancers not on stage started cheering for their friends.

"Whoo!" Gary laughed as he walked on the stage. "All right! Well, that's our show. Special thanks to our own Shake It Up Dance Crew! You guys tore it up!" The dancers then applauded and cheered as Rocky and Brooks high-fived each other. "I'm Gary Wilde. And to that special little lady, I met last night, I'd like my watch back." The buzzer then sounded, ending the show.

"Good show, everybody," Gary said as he walked off stage.

"I love coming to work," CeCe said as she and her two friends walked off the screen stage. "This place is my own little world - peaceful, perfect."

"Hey, your mom's here," Rocky pointed out.

"And now it's ruined forever," CeCe said.

"What I wouldn't give to have my mom come to visit me at work," Brooks said. "Or to have her even wake up before noon." Officer Jones then walked toward the kids before being stopped by Gary.

"Hello, Officer," he said, holding out his hand as she shook it. "Gary Wilde. And may I just say, you have the right to remain foxy."

"Gary," Officer Jones said, trying to sound polite, "my Taser is fully charged and I am not afraid to use it."

"Right back at ya," Gary said before walking away. Mrs. Jones then saw the three kids and motioned for her daughter to come closer. Sighing, the three walked forward.

"Mom, why are you here?" CeCe asked. "You're embarrassing me."

"You say 'embarrassing,' I say 'sweet, sweet revenge' for all those diaper changes," the older Jones woman said, causing Rocky and Brooks to start laughing. "What are you two laughing at? Rocky, you weren't fully potty trained till you were six." Brooks howled with laughter.

"I thought I'd get sucked in!" Rocky said, almost crying, Brooks still laughing, tears falling out of his eyes.

"And you, Brooks," Officer Jones said to the male, "I heard you took baths, or 'tubbies' as you called them, till you were almost eleven!" Brooks stopped laughing immediately and glared at the police officer.

"Tubby time was Brooky time," Brooks said in a cold, quiet voice. Mrs. Jones then stated the reason she was there for her daughter.

"Listen, I got a letter from your algebra teacher. You're failing."

"What?" CeCe asked, taking the letter.

"That's right. We had an agreement - school first, the show second."

"But, Mom, I'm doing the work. I am!" Rocky and Brooks nodded in agreement.

"CeCe," Mrs. Jones then pulled her daughter away from her friends, "honey, you know you have to work harder than the other kids."