Heat it Up

One cold winter morning, CeCe, Rocky, Brooks, and Flynn walked back to their apartment building, all four shivering despite wearing heavy winter gear.

"It's so cold I sneezed and shot out a snotsicle," CeCe exhaled.

"Yeah, I know, it hit me in the ear," Rocky said in disgust.

"And then you threw it to me and it got stuck in my shoe," Brooks added, shaking his leg.

"Flynn," the redhead said to her little brother, "we took you to the park to go ice skating on the coldest day of the year and you didn't even say thanks." Grabbing the boy's hat, CeCe threw it off, finding not Flynn's spiky hair, but black hair gelled back. The boy then removed his face covering to reveal a young Asian-American boy. "That's not Flynn." The boy then turned to face the brunette and blond.

"Uh-oh," Rocky said. "We did it again."

"Seriously, we should reconsider the leash," Brooks added.

"Come on, let's take you back to the park, sweetie," Rocky said kindly to the boy as they guided their guest away from their home. At that moment, the boy's parents walked up to them with Flynn, who wore the same outfit as the boy Brooks and the girls had mistaken him.

"Okay," the third-grader said, "the first time it's an accident, the second time a coincidence, but three times? You're trying to get rid of me." The three dancers then made an exchange with the boy's parents as Flynn looked at the kid. "So, anyway, you got a phone number?" Instead of answering, the boy hid his face behind his gloved hands.

"Come on," Rocky said as she, Brooks, and CeCe guided the Jones boy back to the apartment.

 "Mom?" CeCe asked as she and her brother ran into the main room, finding their mother going through the mail.

"Mmm?" the Jones mother asked.

"I don't think I tell you enough how much I love you."

"Piece of dark chocolate, Mom?" Flynn asked as he offered his mother the candy. "Your favorite."

"All right," Georgia said, seeing through the charade as she took the chocolate, what did you fail, break, or lie about?"

"Failed Spanish, broke a vase, and lied about passing Spanish," the redhead answered. At that moment, the window opened as Rocky, Ty, and Brooks walked in, all clad in their winter gear.

"Hey, hey, hey," the genius greeted.

"Yo, yo," Brooks added.

"Hey, hey, hey," Ty said as he entered behind Brooks.

"Hey, hey, hey," Rocky and Ty's mother, Marcie said as she entered through the door. "Sorry, I don't do fire escapes."

"Mom, sit down," Rocky said to her mother, leading her to the couch. "Triple family meeting."

"Hey, Brooks, where's your mom?" Flynn asked the blonde troublemaker.

"Ah, she got arrested again in St. Louis," Brooks answered. "She's supposed to spend two weeks there. So, I'm representing her as well."

"May I have your attention please?" CeCe asked as Flynn, Ty, Rocky, and Brooks all got to work on setting up a meeting stand with large posters. "We're about to change a young boy's life. Our story begins the day his dreams of college were shattered when he receives his report card." Brooks and the Blue siblings then removed the black poster, revealing a drawing of Flynn, holding up a report card with A's in math, gym, English, and history, but an F in geography.