Wild it Up

One Saturday night, before getting ready to record Shake it Up, Chicago!, Rocky, CeCe, and Brooks all admired themselves in the mirror.

"Look at us," the redhead said, "getting ready to dance on a TV show."

"I know," Rocky agreed. "It's gonna be like just yesterday we were little kids playing hopscotch and hide and go seek."

"Agreed," Brooks said. "We're so sophisticated and mature now." The three then grinned widely as they walked away from the mirror and picked up blue and yellow jump ropes.

"Let's jump," they said simultaneously before running up onto the stage. The music then started as the main dancers began to jump rope to the music in a new style of dance, the three jump roping just outside the main platform. After a while, they dropped their jump ropes and danced near some others who were still jumping until the rap song ended.

The following Monday at school, CeCe, Rocky, and Brooks all sat on a bench in the main area as the redhead did something on her computer.

"CeCe," Rocky said, "why do you always wait until the last minute to finish your homework?"

"Wait, we had homework?" Brooks asked.

"'And that's why Europe is the best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best continent of all'," CeCe read as she finished typing. "There. I did it. 1,000 words." Just then, some guys in leather walked up to the three.

"Hey," the leader said. "We're cutting the rest of the afternoon, heading over to the lake. Wanna come with?"

"You're cutting class?" Rocky asked. "That's against the rules. And if you get caught, it'll go on your permanent record, and then you won't get into a good college, and then you'll be stuck working at a drive-thru window, spending the rest of your days shouting, 'No! I didn't forget the straws in the bag'."

"And that is why you're future husband is going to be a book," Brooks said to the brunette. Rocky ignored this and continued to scold the other troublemaker.

"I don't know about you, but I came here to learn."

"Maybe you need to learn to have fun," the leather leader said before turning to the other two. "Bye CeCe and Brooks. Later, buzz-kill."

"That guy's such a loser," Rocky said as Deuce walked up to them.

"I don't know," the redhead said. "I think he's kinda cute in a bad boy sort of way."

"Yeah, I get that a lot," Deuce said, thinking CeCe was talking about him. "Hey, did you guys see the school blog? They just posted a new story about you three dancing on Shake it Up, Chicago!"

"No way," CeCe said as Deuce snatched her laptop from her to pull it up. "This is so unexpected. Did they use the picture I submitted?"

"No, but listen to this. 'CeCe Jones with her fiery locks and a temperament to match is a daring wild child who is uncontrollable, funky, and fun'."

"Wow. If the punctuation wasn't so good, I swear I wrote this myself."

"What about me?" Brooks asked.

"Here you are," CeCe said as she got her laptop back and began to read. "'Brooks Finnegan is a troublemaker who has hair as golden as his heart who cannot be stopped when he starts to dance'." Brooks then smirked and nodded as a way to give his okay.