CHAPTER 2 : Jason Todd

LAURENS POV

I huff out in defeat stopping to sit in a dark bus stop.

"this was such a stupid idea" I chide to myself dropping my head back in defeat to rest against the frosted plastic behind me.

who knew Gotham city was so big.

I close my eyes and huff in frustration only to open them once I hear commotion coming from the other side of the street.

I narrow my eyes to look at the figure running up the street being chased by 2 stumbling men only to realise today is my lucky day.

like clock work the dark haired boy runs into an alleyway hiding behind the large doorway of a restaurant.

like idiots well 2 drunken idiots chasing him run right past the alleyway he dived into i watch with the now commonly arising interest that I supposedly now have with this boy.

he sticks his head around the alley corner and watches the to men walk off both cursing and muttering seemingly disappointed they didn't catch him.

he snickers to himself and turns back into the alleyway.

I take this as an opportunity and follow him.

I quickly dart across the road and follow close behind.

"HEY" is all I shout towards the boy his back to me.

the boy turns on his heels his face as if he was a deer caught in headlights.

I stand a few meters from him one of my hand planted on my hip the other limp at my side.

he visibly squints before rolling his eyes and groaning.

"You again" he sighs out in boredom.

"You have something of mine" I tell him my voice one of non amusement.

"Do I now" he replies with a smirk stepping closer to me.

I roll my eyes at this and holdout my hand the other still on my hip.

" Yes you do now give it back" I demand my hand that's held out open and closes like the gesture you would do to a younger child when you want an object from them.

the boy pats his pockets before lifting up the dainty necklace.

" this what you want?" he questions his eyebrows raised as he tosses it from hand to hand a clear smirk plastered to his face.

my eyes follow the necklace each time it left his hands my irritation bubbling.

"yes now kindly GIVE... IT .... BACK" I grit my teeth and close the gap between us trying to snatch the necklace from his hands.

he quickly snaps it away holidng it way above my head.

i try to grab it but fail misrably i look him in the face my irristain now showing.

"why do you need it anyway?" he sneers down at me his eyebrow still cocked up.

"none ...offff yourr ... buissness" I tell him between jumps still trying to get it from his hands.