CHAPTER 15 : Steps For The Future

(side note Lauren is 13 in this chapter  and Jason is now 14 :) )

LAURENS POV

I sprint across the courtyard of my school towards the worn out metal bike rack.

I grasp the lock attached to my bike and clumsily unlock it.

i tug on my bike expecting it to slide out easily my bike like a stubborn child didn't budge.

"dumb. ... stup..idd bikee" I huff  through grit teeth as I aggressively pull  at my bike.

with one last tug the bike comes tumbling out leaving me on my ass.

" you good" comes a curious voice beside me.

my head snaps to Caspin beside me with a glare.

" great just thought I  would lie down for a bit " I sarcastically remark rolling my eyes as I sit up.

" looks it " Caspin laughs as he offers me a hand up.

i take it as Caspin helps haul me up.

" on your way to the manor" Caspin curiously ask shouldering his back pack more.

usually my answer would be a yes but not today.

Trips to  Wayne manor turned from once every 2 weeks.

To one day every week.

To 3  out of the 7 days a week.

This carried on for months and quickly formed a part of my new routine for the last 2 years.

" Not today gonna go visit mum" I inform him picking up my bike and swinging my leg over it.

" Oh say hi for me" Caspin replies taken back by my unpredicted  answer passing me my beaten bag from the floor.

" Will do bye Caspin" i give him a quick smile and wave and ride out the courtyard.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I roughly pull my bike to the gutter and lock it up.

I take a couple steps towards the looming hospital doors and stop.

I fight the rising anxiousness  rising in my throat by swallowing.

My eyes drop the the yellow sunflowers in my hand taking me back to a time were life was easy.

"Come oonnn muumm" little me egarly say dragging my hunched mother along.

" Slow down baby im coming " my mum gentley says pulling me to chnage my eager pace.

My small face turns to her full of glee.

My mothers faces mirrors my own with a soft loving gaze.

" its so pretty" my little self  shouts taking in the scene before me.

All around me was a meadow  covered in flowers of all shapes and sizes creating what little me would describe as a place of  magic fairies .

Tall trees line the meadow providing a comforting shade adding a sense of tranquility to the scene.

What caught little me eyes the most were the sea of sunflowers standing tall and proud their golden yellow petals glowing under the summer sun.

My little feet sprint to them my chubby fingers gently stroking a petal belonging to the flowers.

"Mummy what these called" 3 year old me asked with  burning curiosity.