CHAPTER 11 : shadows unveiled P2

JASONS POV

 "guess I should tell you were I've been" I ask Lauren as I nervously rub my neck.

" I guess " she agrees her eyes that look right into mine blaring with questions.

"well...." I start up but trail off.

Laurens face turns from one of total listening to annoyed her eyebrows scrunched.

I chuckle at her expression and shift in my seat looking around at the  crowd behind Laurens head.

satisfied no one  was listening I leaned in to start talking.

"turns out my hunch wasn't just a hunch" I state proudly to Lauren looking  at her with a smug smile.

"hey I had a hunch to" Lauren protest like a whine child.

I just roll my eyes and continue.

" remember when we originally talked about Ma Gunn's and all the disappearances and how weird the vibe was "I list off the previous chat we had to Lauren who nodded at each word.

  "and how I said much to you saying no that I was going to investigate Ma Gunn's on my own" P recall the part with a wince remembering how against it Lauren was.

"I remember" she tells me sourly glaring at me as if to say don't you dare admit what i think your going to admit.

"Wellll I may or may not have spent the last month doing...the...exact..thing...you..warned me not to" I slowly relay this information to Lauren and brace for the inevitable tongue lashing I'm about to get.

at first she starts with a small chuckle and then it builds to a slight giggle and then a few short laughs.

I laugh along nervously glancing at her and back at the table.

*smack*

"what was that for" I ask Lauren  rubbing my head as I take in her now angry face.

"are you stupid...are you really that stupid" she repeats this with a calm taunt her fingers pressed to her lips.

"ughh no" I reply with a duh voice.

"you could have been hurt " she says quietly looking down at her hands.

"but I'm not I'm fine" I rush out showing her my arms and legs as if to prove my point.

she laughs at this and looks up at me with a smile.

I smile back to happy that I can finally see it again.

"I suppose" she grumbles playing with a small leaf on her plant giving me the occasional glance.

"can I continue?" I ask genuinely not wanting to upset her more.

she nods and settles back into the booth ready to listen.

 "I gathered as much intel as I could but unfortunately non of it was concreate this resulted badly when I tried to expose them it turned things  a little intense" I admit this detail to Lauren feeling embarrassed i had been so naïve.

"this resulted in me getting thrown into what the school called the isolation pit" I silently remember the coldness of the small room and the isolated feeling.

"wh..wwhat was in the pit" Lauren ask her tone gentle as if she picked up on my emptions toward the place.

I give a small choked laugh "small, desolate there where aged cardboard boxes taking up most of  the space The sole entrance was a cell door, it made me feel  isolated and confined." I look down at the table  letting my mind make me feel like I was in the room.