CHAPTER 3 : Busted

LAURENS POV

I flop my arms down from hanging with my arms up with a huff them hitting the couch with a loud thud.

"could you not" comes an irritated sigh from beside me.

i deadpan to look over at Jason who sits on a stall hunched over the counter his eyebrows drawn in concentration.

"I'm boooorrrreeedddd" I whine out flailing my arms around and kicking my legs.

" not my problem" he replies bluntly.

"well I'm making it a you problem" I tell him dramatically throwing my arm over my forehead like a damsel would.

Jason once again sighs and jumps off his stool taking the piece of paper he was looking over and throwing it on the coffee table in front of me as he stalks over to the tall book case at my feet.

he scans the bookcase with interest his finger sliding along the wooden shelf as he searched.

I watch with bored enthusiasm still continuing to kick my legs back and forth.

Jason stops his finger sliding and reaches out to retrieve a book a small smile on his face.

"read this" he throws the heavy book it landing straight on my stomach knocking the wind out of me. " now shut up" he orders me rolling his eyes as he forces a spaces for him to sit next to me.

he picks up the piece of paper in front of him and settles back onto the couch his eyes occasionally glancing in my direction.

I lazily pull my legs up and tuck them under me pushing my hair behind my ear to keep it out of my face so clearly study the book in my hands.

"where the wild things are" I question looking up at him my curiosity peaking.

" I recon you would like it" he shrugs looking at the book in my hands then back to me.

"oookayy" I laugh opening the book to start reading it.

I very quickly get absorbed into the book and tune out of my surroundings.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

JASONS POV

i glance at Lauren and have to laugh.

she's now very clearly apart of whatever universe that book has put her in as her face is practically becoming apart of the page.

her face changes in different emotions as her eyes scan the pages quickly.

"woah she just swallowed him" she whispers in shock her eyebrows raised as she quickly turns the page.

"soo Lauren how old are you exactly" I awkwardly my hand unconsciously rubbing my neck as i attempt to find more about the girl beside me.

she never replies I roll my eyes in irritation.

I flick her shoe that pokes me in the side.

bewildered Lauren looks up at me both annoyed and questioning her head tilted.

" I asked how old you are" I repeat.

" oh umm I'm 11 what about you ?" she replies confidently a contagious smile plastered on her face.

" 12 " I inform her my voice harsher than I wanted.

she hums in interest before going back to her book.

I puff my cheeks still wanting to continue our conversation secretly I was very interested in this blond girl.

" where did you learn to do all that gymnasticy stuff" i ask my fascination circling as I recall how fast she managed to get up to the window.