CHAPTER 14 : Big Bruce Wayne

LAURENS POV

did he just say  dinner with  THE BRUCE WAYNE.

I feel my body surrender to the what I though had passed anxiety.

I nervously twiddle a fraying part of the curtain.

"Ready" Jason holds out his hand his eyes shinning with reassurance like he has picked up n my nervousness.

I smile and take his hand my face flushing as he helps pull me towards the door.

we once again make our way through th maze of a mansion stopping utside yet again anther set of grand doors.

Jason places his hand on the door hesitantly.

"fair warning bruce iss ... ummm .... kind of quiet so umm the atmosphere may be uncomfortable but don't worry he usually doesn't stay long for dinner" Jason rushes his debrief as if its a life or death situation his shoulders held tensely. 

he keeps his hand on the door making no move until  I make sure I acknowledge I got the message.

I nod my head holding my head held high.

he smiles warmly his shoulders drop and he pushes the door open.

as i entered the room I was Met with a the mesmerizing site of the dining room.

the Old gothic feeling of the building blended with the modern renovations.

it made the atmosphere Of the room both haunting and captivating with a touch of contemporary elegance making the place feel out of its time.

The first thing  to capture my attention was the long dining table that sits front and center f the room.

it looked to be crafted from dark polished wood its surface reflecting the rooms ambient light.

the table was set impeccably adorned with sleek silverware , delicate crystal glassware and long slender candles.

the main Spector of the room was the tall floor to celling   window  that spanned across the entirety of the back wall a small door maliciously places in the center.

the evening glow cast a soft ethereal glow upon the room.

my wonder searched for a glimpse of the scene outside.

I glance at Jason and  stray a little from his side angling myself to see outside.

beyond the glass ,a vast ,meticulously manicured garden spread out bathed in the warm hues of the setting sun.

Tall, gnarled trees reached towards the heavens their branches reaching out like skeletal fingers, adding an eerie ambiance to the scene.

the leaves a mixes of greens and russet hues whispered in the breeze their rustling creating a haunting melody.

flower beds sprawled along the garden adding a riot of colors.

the roses caught my eyes reminding me of my mother.

crimsons I concluded each as dark as blood mingled in with the contrasting color of the pale lilies that thy shared a bed with.

a stone pathway meandered through the garden leading through hidden corners and secluded alcoves beckoning me to explore.

my daydreaming was interrupted by someone clearing their throat.

that when I notice the highly unmissable Bruce Wayne.

sat at the head of the long table his presence commanded attention and respect.

complimenting this his aura exude power and sophistication.