CHAPTER 31: Confrontation Unfolds

JASONS POV

I snap out the trance like state the blond had put me in and look down at my watch.

"show time" I slink away from the post i was leaning giving one last look at the blond bartender.

she was also watching her keen blue eyes secretly watching me I send a quick wink in her direction

and make my way further into the crowd that has gathered.

I stride towards the metal stairs guarded by two bog standard security guards.

Approaching the entrance I found the security personnel standing guard their imposing figures obstructing my path.

I take a deep breath readying myself for the encounter ahead.

With a polite and composed demeanor I calmly approached the security personnel my voice carrying a tinge of firmness.

"Excuse me gentlemen" I began, keeping my tone respectful. "I need you both to move aside....I'm here to see the owner and I don't plan on asking twice.... Make way... or you'll regret it."

I shudder at the sound of my own voice god I sound like Alfred.

The security guards exchanged glances with an amused chuckle.

Their amused faces mirrored that they wont be moving anytime soon letting light on an already known obstacle standing in my way.

Undeterred I continued with a touch of impatience creeping into my voice.

"I know the owner's every move...... and Im not here for pleasantries..... Step aside or suffer the consequences. I'm going in... one way or another. "I confided my tone  taut as I stand taller.

their refusal persisted a flicker of frustration sparks within me.

I had come prepared for this battle of wills.

The politeness I had mustered started to erode, revealing the anger that simmered beneath the

"Do I look like I have time for games? Do you even have a clue who I am? You really wanna see what happens if you keep me waiting? Tick-tock.... three seconds and counting.... You better open that door before I do it myself" I snarl my voice laced with a sharp edge.

The guards now on the receiving end of my mounting hostility stood their ground.

They were unmoved by my outburst their stoic expressions revealing their unwavering dedication to their duty.

Realizing that my anger was not yielding the desired results I took a moment to collect myself.

I couldn't let my emotions cloud my judgment.

Adopting a more calculated approach I decided to shift tactics attempting to reason with them once more.

"Look, I understand that you're just doing your job, but I'm not leaving until I've had a word with the owner. It's in your best interest to let me through. Trust me." I raise an eyebrow and cock my head waiting for the response.

The security guards remained resolute, their stance unwavering amused looks on their faces as they look at each other chuckling.

"what you gonna do about it tough guy" one security guard says laughing In my face as an act of disrespect.

"fine I warned you" I step away shaking my head.

In one fluid motion I delivered a quick and precise strike to the larynx a pressure point of the first guard.

they crumple to the ground unconscious and unharmed.

before I could fully grasp the situation the 2nd guard rushes towards me.