CHAPTER 8: Suspicions

LAURENS POV

I look around penny's making sure no pricked ears where listening.

once satisfied I turn back to Jason who sits with his elbows on the table leant forward with a look of interest on his face.

" there was a girl that one of my friends once knew who was sent to that place after a few to many run in with the GCDP" I recall a small part of the story whilst again looking around the café.

I clear my throat and dig up the next parts of the story that I remember " well anyway she was sent to ma Gunns to start some type of rehabilitation teaching thing, lets just say she never came back out of that place the same when she did come out " I swallow nervously and take in Jason's look.

his eyebrows are slightly raised his face one mixed with whether he can take me seriously or to laugh in my face.

"so this girl" Jason asks waving his hand to the side.

" what do you think happened to her because i think she probably took to whatever teachings she had and I don't know maybe she " he pauses to mull over the word " reformed".

" your not taking this seriously" I huff turning away from him.

"really didn't notice" Jason sarcastically remarks again.

I roll my eyes and stare out the window showing him I'm very much serious.

"fine your statement isn't really...wrong though" he tells me matter -factually his eyebrow raised.

"really" I reply  my head jerking back to look at Jason with a surprised yet cautious mindset.

"no that school doesn't seem well... right..." Jason seems to trail off into thought his face contorting into concentration like he's solving a case in his own mind.

"kids keep going missing and the class don't make me feel reformed they sorta make me feel like I'm doing the right thing being against the law" he explains his face  whirling with confusion.

he leans over to take a napkin from the dispenser on our table and produce a pen from inside his worn coat.

his head drops as he begins writing names and dates on it muttering and counting as he does so.

I watch on in perplexation but feel drawn to this napkin with burning interest.

"these people" Jason says pointing at the finished list he has now pushed towards me "have been at the school the longest see this boy here he was at the school for a month he earnt himself quiet a reputation but now" 

he  take the napkin and scribbles out the boys name "disappeared poof nowhere to be seen all his belongings gone as if he didn't exists" Jason looks at me waiting for my response to this new told information.

"ummm" I hardly start my response before Jason aggressively starts crossing and lining out more peoples name n the list.

I take this in with confusion.

"all these people have had the same all have disappeared without a trace" he jabs his finger at the napkin as he passionately explains his findings.

"what does this mean" I ask looking down at the half crossed out names my brain fogging with questions.

"it means the school definitely has something to do with these disappearances " he concludes sitting back in his chair with a smug face.

I look at his smug face then back at the napkin nodding " okay say the school did make these kid disappear why would they do that what's their gain?" I quiz fully ask trying to provide anther angle and answer one of my own questions.

Jason's face hardens as he takes on my question he frowns as he clearly searches for an answer.

"that.... I don't know" he leans forward and whispers "but I can find out" he sits back and wiggles his eyebrows.

"No don't do that I know what your thinking and I'm saying no" I point at him trying to emphasis my point " Jason you could land yourself in something bad don't even bother trying playing detective" I remark  shaking my head as I try to squish the thoughts in his head.

"wwhyy its not like its something bad I recon they probably just finished whatever parole or time stay they had and had to leave" Jason states  with a smirk trying to fool me.

"whatever" I dismiss his attempts and glance at the clock behind him.

Jason notices and turns to look as well.

" I gotta go I have school tomorrow and I need to finish my homework" I unenthusiastically tell Jason as I stand from the table and take some money to leave on the table.

"oh right ill walk you" Jason turns to me his face falling slightly.

"thanks" i beam at him as he stands and puts his money on the table.

Jason takes the lead and exits the cafes me following closely behind.

authors note 

hope you enjoyed this chapter :)