CHAPTER 18 : Robin P2

JASONS POV

I huff out in frustration annoyed at Bruce's choice of words.

"Everything he says is I not we " I mutter to no-one in particular as I survey the men scattered on the ground in front of me.

"Suppose I should clean up my mess" I roll my eyes  and  turn back to Lauren crouching  down in front of  her I unclip my cape gently move her limp body so I can wrap her in it.

 My emotions bubble with sadness and anger at the sight of her unconscious body.

Once satisfied she was wrapped up enough to give her warmth I turn to  the mess of bodies.

One by one I drag the men with no particular care if they get hurt  into one pile back to back  their heads slumped over in their upright hunched positions.

I handcuff each person and interlink them giving them no possible way to separate and run if they do gain consciousness anytime soon. 

"Asshole" I hiss in anger  my face a sneer as I kick the foot that belonged to the man who made Lauren pass out.

I step away from the pile and slide down the wall to squat next to Lauren giving her unconscious body quick nervous glances.

I feel my heart  pressure me to hold her closer make sure nothing can hurt her more make her feel warmer and safer.

Hesitantly I reach out and  place my hand on one of her shoulders.

I quickly draw back the hand my brain going off like an alarm bell it screaming dnt touch her don't harm her more.

But my heart persists slowly I coil my arm around the back of her shoulders and  gently nudge her so she leans on my shoulder.

I feel my heart quicken and my breath pitch at first but slowly my body relaxes and takes comfort in holding the fragile girl beside me something I had wished to do for a while.

Minutes turn to feel like hours through one simple gesture the worries and anger I felt moments ago dissipate.

Only to be quickly interrupted by the low rumbling of the bat mobile entering the alleyway.

The sleek, powerful vehicle hummed to a stop I watched Batman steps out of the Batmobile, his dark  silhouette  standing out against the city lights, I couldn't help but feel a mix of awe and intimidation.

 Batman surveys the scene with a keen gaze.

 His cape billowed slightly in the night breeze, and the gravity of the situation settled in the air.

I stand as an act of greeting a mix of fear and defiance coursing through me, as Batman approached the four unconscious men slumped in their pile I had made.

 He moved with an efficient grace, each step deliberate and purposeful. There was an undeniable aura of authority that surrounded him.

"You went too far Jason" he declared his gaze drawn on me in a second , his gravelly voice cutting through the tension I could tell he had a scowl under his mask .

 "This isn't how we handle things" he declares to me his voice stoic as he folds his arms in front of his chest once again looking at the men chained together.

This wasn't  Batman telling me off this was Bruce I can tell the clear difference between the two.

Bruce lectures always brought out the worst of my explosive emotions.

I clench my fists, my stubborn determination flaring up.

 "I had to do something! They were threatening an  innocent ! I couldn't just stand there and let them get away with it!"  I cry out throwing  my hands up to show my frustration.