Chapter 2

"Do you always sit in the front row?"

"Hi, Harry," I said as I looked up from my laptop that I had just opened. He stood before me wearing tight black jeans and a lovely purple button-down shirt that was open halfway to reveal some of his chest. I recall this detail because it was the first time I noticed he had tattoos on his chest. I had noticed the ones on his arms the day before, but he had been wearing a black t-shirt.

"Good morning." He removed his backpack from his shoulder and sat in the desk to my right. His eyes looked sleepy, and he ran a hand through his brown curls while he yawned. I tried my best not to gawk at his beauty as I cleared my throat.

"To answer your question, no. I used to always sit further back in school, but I didn't always make the best grades back there. So I'm sitting up front this time."

Harry nodded. "You reckon that will help?"

I shrugged. "Couldn't hurt."

Professor Jacobson wasted no time delving into part two of the lecture he had begun on Monday. It was just the distraction I needed from Harry and his tattooed torso. I typed vigorously, making sure I didn't miss any detail, but I knew it was because if I didn't I might slip up and sneak a peak at the handsome guy to my right. Unfortunately, about fifteen minutes before dismissal, the professor ended his lecture and announced we would have a quiz on Friday. We were allowed to use the rest of the period to study our notes, or we could leave. More than half of the class stood, more than willing to take him up on his offer to leave early. I however had no other place to go besides the snack bar or library for another hour so I was determined to review some of my notes. I felt a tap on my arm as I opened my file from Monday's class.

"Tisa, we need to get together to talk about our first Sociology paper," declared Harry.

"Okay," I nodded. "When and where?"

"Is tonight alright with you? Say, six o'clock? At the library?"

"I can do that," I replied.

"Can I have your number in case something comes up?"

"Sure," I nodded. I told him my cell number as he typed the digits into his. It dawned on me how long it had been since a boy had asked for my number. It felt kind of weird. I then pulled out my cell so I could add Harry to my contacts. I knew for sure it was the first time I'd added a guy's number since I'd met James.

"I have to work both tomorrow and Friday so we should probably go ahead and get started." Harry closed his laptop and shoved it in his backpack.

I nodded again. "Where do you work?"

"Mikado's," Harry smirked. I stifled a giggle. Mikado's is basically a slightly upscale Bennigan's or Chili's.

"I haven't been there in forever," I said, recalling my short-lived single days when I would hang out at the bar with my girlfriends.