Chapter 37

"C'mon, let's goooo!" Harry groaned.

I covered my mouth as I giggled, glad that it wasn't me he was whining to hurry up. Zack had taken his sweet time in the bathroom getting ready, and must have changed his shirt three times.

"It's just a party at Grayson's babe, you don't have to impress anyone," scoffed Penny as she sat on the sofa next to me.

Zack emerged from his bedroom then, rolling up the sleeves of the first shirt he had put on. "I have to impress you, don't I?"

Penny rolled her eyes, standing up to meet him.

"If you say so," she quipped as she wrapped her arms around his waist, pecking him on the cheek. "You look gorgeous."

"Finally," Harry said, grabbing Zack's keys from the counter and handing them to him. "You're driving."

"Why me?" Zack raised his eyebrows.

"Because I'm drinking tonight and because you took too long getting ready."

"Gee, thanks."

"You smell nice," I told Zack, taking a whiff of his cologne as I walked behind him to the car.

He turned and gave me a grin. "At least someone appreciates my efforts."

I returned his smile as I climbed into the back seat. Since Zack and Penny had gotten home from his parents' I'd started to learn a few of his habits and quirks. He was very organized, and very clean, sometimes taking more than one shower a day. Although I was now living with Harry, I still didn't feel like the place was really mine, so I tried to stay out of his way.

Harry and I had fallen somewhat into a routine. He still would make my coffee before work, and we would watch a bit of television when I got home if he didn't have to be at Mikado's. So far Penny had only stayed over once, the night they'd returned, though she informed me she missed me at her place already. I had yet to bring all of my boxes over, but had plans to do that the next week.

We arrived at Grayson's in record time. Apparently Zack's driving was much faster than his wardrobe changing. Harry gripped my hand tightly as we walked through the maze of people in the living room. Just like at the Halloween party, Grayson had a makeshift bar set up. This time however, he hadn't asked Zack or Harry to tend bar. He appeared to be doing it all himself, though at the moment a tall brunette was standing next to him.

"...and that's how you make a Tequila Sunrise," I heard him say to the brunette before handing her the concoction he'd just created.

She smiled as she took the glass from him, bringing it to her lips. She made a sound of satisfaction as I saw her place her hand on his bicep.

"Good?" he asked.

"Very," she replied.

Just then Harry cleared his throat, causing both Grayson and the brunette to turn their heads.

"Oh, hey man!" greeted Grayson, holding out his hand to slap Harry's. "Tisa! I'd like you to meet Michelle."

The brunette raised her eyebrows over her glass before setting it down and reaching out her hand to shake ours. "Hi!"

After Harry and I both introduced ourselves, Grayson took our drink orders. We chatted with him and Michelle for a bit until Harry pulled me into the living room. I squeezed between him and Penny on the couch, Zack perched on the arm. I noticed a few familiar faces, some from school and some from the Halloween party. We managed a little small talk over the loud music until Penny pulled Zack towards the bar.