Chapter 26

I awoke to the sound of low voices nearby. Lying on my side, I opened my eyes to see Harry and Penny sitting at her table, the only light coming from the one above them.

"Hi, baby doll," said Penny sweetly when she noticed me. "How are you feeling?"

I cleared my throat and sat up, running a hand through my hair.

"Thirsty," I grimaced.

Harry grinned and stood up to retrieve a bottle of water for me from the fridge.

"What time is it?" I asked when he handed it to me.

"About six thirty."

"Did I fall asleep on you? I'm sorry."

"Don't be," he murmured, kissing me on the forehead. "You needed your rest."

"Thank you for staying," I told him as he sat on the edge of the bed.

"You're welcome. You look like you feel better."

I nodded. "I think my fever's gone finally."

I got up to use the restroom, then sat down at the table with Harry and Penny. I decided to eat the other half of my sandwich and Harry warmed up the rest of my soup for me. It felt great going down, and afterwards I felt a hundred times better.

"Report tomorrow, right?" I turned to Harry, referring to our Sociology paper.

"Only if you're up to it," he said, looking a bit concerned.

"I think I'll be okay. I don't want it to be late."

Harry nodded as he ran his hand up my forearm. "I love you," he mouthed.

I grinned at him and squeezed his hand. "I love you, too."

"So..." Penny cleared her throat. "What do you two lovebirds have planned for Thanksgiving?"

"Actually, Penny," I sighed, sitting back in my chair, "I was going to ask you the same thing. Do you have plans with Zack?"

"Yep," she grinned. "And we want you guys to join us."

"Really?" I looked to Harry and back to her. "That would be great!"

"I talked Zack into staying home instead of going to his parents'. His mom was none too happy, but he told her he'd come home for Christmas."

"Are we doing it here, or at Zack and Harry's?" I asked.

"Oh this place is way too small," Penny insisted. "We'll go there."

"You okay with that?" I turned to Harry.

"Fine with me," he shrugged, rubbing his hands on his jeans.

"Yay," Penny clapped her hands together. "It'll be fun. Just us four. I mean...unless you had to visit family, Tisa. I didn't think of that, I'm sorry."

"No," I shook my head. "I haven't seen my family in years. James and I usually either went to his mother's or we stayed home."

I immediately felt guilty for mentioning James. I cringed as I snuck a peek at Harry. He didn't seem upset in the least. He looked curious, if anything.

"Oh...okay," said Penny, thankfully leaving it at that.

*

I still wasn't feeling a hundred percent Thursday morning. In fact, I threw up once more before I left for school. I managed to drink a cup of tea, the thought of coffee sounding unbearable. I took a piece of toast with me for the ride, figuring I probably wouldn't even eat all of it.