Chapter 22

Harry's apartment was dark except for the blue glow of the clock on the microwave. Zack was planning to meet Penny at the bar when his shift was over, and once the band had loaded up their equipment, he was driving back to her place and staying the night.

"Shit," I cursed, stumbling over nothing. "I guess I'm still kind of drunk."

I heard Harry chuckle behind me as he closed the door. Then he tossed his keys on the kitchen counter with a loud clunk.

"Where's the light switch?"

I turned around, pawing at the wall to try to find it. I could hear Harry's breathing, but it was too dark to even make out his silhouette. Or maybe I was just too drunk. Thinking I'd finally found the light switch, my hand met Harry's arm. He pulled me to him, kissing me silently. I let my hands fall to his chest, the front of his jacket cold from the temperature outside. He quickly shrugged it off, tossing it someplace, I wasn't sure where. Then he did the same with mine, all the while still kissing me.

Somehow with Harry's help I managed to walk backwards toward his bedroom. I could see a little better in there, though it was still dark. Along the way, Harry had removed his shirt and unbuttoned his jeans.

"Just a minute," he whispered when I sat on the bed and slipped off my flats.

I heard him open a drawer and flick a lighter. The glow allowed me to see that he was lighting a candle, then another. Leaving them both on his nightstand, he turned back to me.

"Better?" he asked.

"You're such a romantic," I teased, though I had to admit the glow of the candlelight bouncing off his chest was arousing.

He stepped towards me, stopped and lifted my chin. Without a word, he traced my lips with his thumb.

"I've really missed you," he sighed.

Although we saw each other every day, I knew what he meant. It had been over a week since we'd made love. It wasn't like it hadn't been on my mind either. Even with the emotional and frustrating events that had taken place, nothing kept me from wanting to be with him.

"I've missed you too," I said.

With a swift tug, he helped me pull my shirt over my head. I smiled as he laid me back on the bed, his body hovering over mine. He kissed me some more as I eagerly slid my hands underneath this jeans and underwear, cupping his bottom.

"Hurry up and take these off," I murmured against his lips.

Harry growled as he kicked off his shoes and did as I asked. Then he grabbed my jeans by the ankles and pulled them off. He ran his hands up my legs to my hips and kissed my stomach. I bit my lip as he continued to move up, stopping at my cleavage. After unhooking my bra, he threw it angrily across the room, taking my nipples into his mouth. I combed my fingers through his curls as I felt his hands move down to my panties.

"Mmm, Harry," I gasped when he touched me.

"Yes, baby," he breathed as he lifted his head to look into my eyes. "Are you ready?"

I couldn't help but chuckle a little. "Always."

Harry removed my panties the rest of the way in the same fashion he had my bra. Standing at the side of the bed, he pulled me closer by my thighs, entering me hungrily.

Neither of us said anything else for a while. I just watched him moving his hips, the candlelight flickering behind him. The sensation was incredible, and I just laid back and reveled in it. As soon as I started to moan, so did Harry. I wrapped my legs around his waist, feeling the need to hold on tight.