Chapter 28

I rode with Penny to Harry and Zack's. We all ate dinner around the small table before gathering in the living room to watch television. Harry sat on the floor by my feet, leaning his head back so I could let my fingers play with his hair. Some silly reality show displayed on the screen, but I was only halfway paying attention. When it was over, Zack aimlessly scrolled through the channels until Penny finally took the remote from him, declaring there was nothing worth watching and they should "let Harry and Tisa watch what they want." She winked at me as she tossed me the remote, knowing their departure was for their benefit as well as ours.

Harry pushed himself up to sit beside me on the couch, immediately wrapping his arms around me.

"How are you?" he asked, looking straight into my eyes.

"I'm fine," I answered with a smile.

"Are you feeling better?"

"Much," I replied.

This morning had been the first time all week that I hadn't woken up sick and had to throw up. I'd been relieved, although the thoughts from yesterday had come back. I knew it was silly to wish even a smidgen that I'd been pregnant, however, and I'd quickly pushed the feelings aside.

"Good," Harry nodded, squeezing me tightly and planting a kiss on my forehead.

"What do you feel like watching?" I asked, aiming the remote at the TV.

"Nothing," he muttered, his tone low and barely audible.

"No TV?" I turned my head to look at him. His face was expressionless as he took the remote control from my hand and turned the television off.

"No TV," he echoed. "I'm only interested in looking at you."

A smile slowly spread across my face. "Harry..."

Before I had a chance to finish my thought, Harry's lips were on mine, his body lowering me onto the sofa. He kissed me softly, yet very deliberately. I wrapped my arms around his neck, eagerly kissing him back. When his tongue met mine, I felt the electricity reach right down to my toes. It was amazing how each and every time he kissed or touched me, I was even more affected than the time before.

I felt Harry's hand press against my hip, his other next to my head holding himself up. When his hand slid underneath my sweater, I caught my breath at the sudden reaction of skin on skin. He continued up until his palm reached my breast, cupping it over my bra. Finally releasing my lips, he gazed into my eyes.

"I've been dying to touch you all week," he murmured. "It's been agony."

"I'm sorry," I breathed.

"No, don't apologize," he shook his head. "Not your fault."

He pressed his lips against mine again, then lowered his head to my neck, just beneath my ear. As I felt his hot breath on me, his hand lifted my bra and his thumb grazed over my nipple.

"Harry..." I swallowed. "Um...maybe we should go to the bedroom."

He raised his head again with a smirk. He seemed to have forgotten we were in the living room and there were other people mere feet away with only a door separating us.

"Yeah," he said, sitting up straight.

He ran his fingers through his hair and cleared his throat. I sat up and took his hand, pulling him toward his bedroom.

The room was dark, the sun having gone down. Neither of us bothered to turn on a light. As soon as Harry shut the door, we were kicking off our shoes and unbuttoning our pants. Not that I wasn't turned on already, but the sudden rush of adrenaline surged through me as I pulled off my sweater and reached for Harry's shirt, fumbling with the buttons. I moaned against his mouth as he kissed me with the same intensity. Tossing my bra aside, he pushed me toward the bed, his lips still on mine.