Chapter 6

Although Harry had said he'd call me the next day, I didn't really expect him to. So I was very surprised when I got a text from him that evening.

H: How are you?

T: Fine thanks. u?

H: ok. miss u.

I hesitated, but texted him back: same.

H: are you busy?

T: Kind of.

H: ok then I won't keep you. see you tomorrow in class.

T: ok :) night.

H: night

I really wasn't busy. I just figured he might want to talk and I had no idea what to say. I really enjoyed being with him, but we had now crossed a line that couldn't be erased. I needed to gather my thoughts and decide what to do.

The next morning I got to History class before Harry. The professor was already inside, so I went ahead and took my seat. I pulled out my laptop and turned it on, bringing up my notes from Friday. I was reviewing them when Harry walked in and sat down next to me.

"Hey," he said.

"Hey," I echoed, lifting my gaze for a split second.

"You're usually outside when I get here."

"I know, but the classroom was open, so..."

I continued reading my notes, but I could feel Harry's eyes on me. Finally I heard him sigh and take his computer out of his backpack. Deciding that my silence was probably rude, I decided to say something.

"Did you give any more thought to our Soc. project?"

Harry blinked and said, "Um...no...I thought we were doing it on human sexuality."

"Well, I know," I conceded. "I was just wondering if..." Suddenly looking at him made me lose my train of thought. "...if you had any more ideas."

Harry bit his lip and shook his head. "All I've been able to think about is you."

My throat felt dry and I couldn't speak. I grabbed my backpack and pulled out my water bottle, taking a large gulp. More students starting coming in and the room got loud until the professor took his place at the podium.

I could feel Harry looking at me throughout the entire class period, and I caught glimpses of him doing so out of the corner of my eye now and then. But for the most part I kept my focus on the teacher and my computer. When the professor dismissed us, I closed my laptop and put it in my backpack.