Chapter 14

A small shift of the bed woke me up. I caught a glimpse of Harry's back as he sat on the edge and then stood to pull up his shorts. The sight of his bare bottom, even for a mere second, made me blush. I watched in silence as he opened the door and walked toward the bathroom. I noticed the lamp was still on and it was still dark outside. I glanced at the clock and realized it wasn't even midnight yet.

"Hey, you're awake," Harry said when he returned.

He closed the door behind him and crawled back onto the bed. He kissed my forehead, down my nose to my lips.

"How long have you been awake?" I asked.

"Just woke up," he replied. "Do you want to go back to sleep?"

"Not really. I'm kind of hungry."

"Me too," Harry said. "I haven't eaten since lunch."

"Me neither."

"Tisa, I'm sorry I left. I fucked up the whole day."

"It's okay," I told him. "The sex made up for it."

Harry rolled his eyes with a grin. "That it did." Then he looked at me sincerely. "And your telling me you love me."

"Mmm, I do," I murmured as I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer into a kiss.

Just then my stomach growled and I giggled.

"C'mon, let's go get something to eat," Harry suggested as he pulled me up into a seated position.

I grabbed my clothes and got dressed while Harry slipped into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. As we left the bedroom, I noticed Zack's door was still closed, but no light shone underneath. I slipped into the bathroom while Harry waited for me in the living room. When I returned, I tried to be quiet as I tip-toed to the front door behind Harry.

"Don't worry, he sleeps like a log," Harry said.

"Okay," I still whispered. "Whose car are we going in?"

"Mine," he whispered back, mimicking me.

"Okay," I half chuckled.

Harry grabbed his keys from the kitchen counter and I walked with him to his car. We drove to a twenty-four hour drive-in and ordered burgers, fries and milkshakes. We sat in the car and ate them while listening to the radio and chatting.

"So...Harry..." I began with hesitation as I wadded up my burger wrapper.

"Hmm?" he sounded, straw in his mouth.

I raised my head to look at him. His beauty never ceased to startle me. Even just the way he raised his eyebrows made my stomach flip like a teenager. I grinned in spite of myself, brushing my hands over my jeans.

"Do you...um...are you..."

Harry lowered his milkshake and leaned toward me, our noses almost touching.

"You're so cute when you're nervous," he murmured.

I blushed as he kissed me, his lips wet and cool.

"But you don't have to be nervous with me, sweetheart," he continued. "What is it?"

"Well," I sighed, "Did you change your mind about...staying with me?"

I looked down again, afraid of his response.

"Oh," I heard him say.

"I mean..." I muttered, "I still want you to, and I could hide the pictures if they make you uncomfortable. But, I'd understand if you don't want to."