Chapter 35

By eleven o'clock I was drunk. Harry and Zack had been taking turns buying rounds all night, and I had to admit I was feeling loose and having a great time. Penny looked and sounded amazing on stage. I loved watching her, and a couple times I got up front with the boys to cheer and dance.

When I excused myself to go to the ladies' room, that was when I really was aware of the effects of the alcohol. I swayed as I stood in line and finally had to lean against the wall. Splashing some water on my face at the sink helped a little, and as I made my way out of the restroom, I made a mental note not to have anything else to drink.

"Oh!" I exclaimed when I felt myself start to stumble.

Two arms grabbed me, and I realized then that they were what made me lose my footing as they pushed me against the wall.

"Harry," I groaned when I felt his lips press to my jaw.

"What, baby?" he asked with a grin in his voice. He lifted his head then and I could tell he was at the very least buzzed. His eyelids were heavy and he had that lopsided smile on his face that always turned me on.

He planted a kiss on my lips and I could taste the alcohol on his tongue. Desire burned through me as I wrapped my arms around his neck and threaded my fingers through his curls. We were by no means alone in the hallway, but neither of us seemed to care. Harry's hands slid down my waist and hips, and around to my backside. I pulled him closer to me, needing to feel as much of his body as possible.

"I can't wait to get you home," he whispered, his lips momentarily leaving mine.

His mouth crashed into mine once more just as I heard another familiar voice.

"Oh my God, you guys, get a room!"

I broke away from Harry's kiss to see Penny waiting at the end of the restroom line. She had a huge grin on her face and was rolling her eyes. I giggled as I wiped the corners of my mouth with my fingers, gently pulling away from Harry's grip to step towards her.

"I think I need to sober up," I stated, still slurring my words.

Harry quickly came up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"This one can't keep his hands to himself," I teased, grabbing hold of his wrists.

"Apparently," Penny smirked.

"Let's goooo," Harry whined in my ear.

"Penny still has another set," I argued.

Penny raised a hand. "You don't have to stay on my account."

"He's not as drunk as I am," I said, "but I don't think he needs to be driving."

"I'm fine," Harry murmured. "I'm just horny."

I threw my head back and laughed. Then I turned around to face him, my hands on his chest. "I can see that."

I talked Harry into staying a little longer until I felt like it was safe for him to drive. We left in the middle of Penny's last set, giving Zack a quick goodbye. Harry grabbed my hand and practically ran to his car, opening the passenger side door for me.

"I wanted to get home before they did," he growled against my neck. "I wanna hear you scream my name."

"Shit," I muttered when he rounded the car and I got inside.

It seemed like the ride home took ages, but I knew it was because of the anticipation. I wanted Harry as much as he wanted me.

His lips were already on me before he even pushed open the door to his apartment. Standing tangled in each other's arms in the entryway, Harry shut the door with his foot and guided me backwards toward the bedroom, shedding our jackets along the way.