Chapter 31

I ran my fingertip across Harry's jawline, up his cheek and to his forehead. Then I traced his eyebrows, down his nose to his lips. I repeated, gliding my finger over every curve. He just stared at me as I did so, until finally speaking.

"What are you doing?"

"Memorizing your face," I replied.

He closed his eyes softly, allowing me to continue. I listened to him sigh, his expression relaxed and content. Finally lowering my hand, I pressed a kiss to each of his eyelids. He fluttered his eyes open again, the look of love glowing from behind them.

We laid tangled in the sheets, having moved from the living room to Harry's bed. I'd helped him blow out all but three candles which he'd brought with us to the bedroom where he'd made love to me once more. My body still tingled from his touch, my heart bursting at the seams. I'd never felt so loved, or in love. How could this even be real?

I'm not sure what time I finally fell asleep, but I managed to sleep 'til almost noon. I awoke to find myself alone in Harry's bed, but I could hear the faint sounds of someone in the kitchen, the sizzle of bacon and the smell of coffee. I quickly got up, grabbed one of Harry's t-shirts from the drawer and tiptoed to the bathroom, catching a glimpse of Harry's bare back before shutting the door.

When I emerged again, Harry was still by the stove, but this time he turned around when I stepped closer.

"Oh, you're up," he said, sounding a bit disappointed even though he had a slight grin on his face.

"What's all this?" I inquired, eyeing the various breakfast foods.

"I was hoping to bring you breakfast in bed," Harry commented.

"Aww, did I ruin the surprise?" I half teased.

"Kinda," he pouted. "But I like this."

He pulled me to him, cupping my butt cheeks through his thin t-shirt. I ran my hands up his bare shoulders and planted a kiss on his lips.

"I'll get back in bed," I whispered. "So you can feed me."

He patted my bottom as I turned back toward the bedroom. I propped up the pillows and sat back, waiting Harry's arrival. Finally he walked in, holding a tray full of food which he laid next to me. Without a word, he left again only to return with a mug in each hand, setting them on the nightstand.

"Good morning, beautiful," he said as he leaned forward to kiss me.

I watched him as he walked around to the other side of the bed and climbed in beside me. It was then that I finally took note of the food he'd brought: a massive mound of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, and a variety of fruits.

"Goodness!" I voiced. "That's a lot of food."

"Too much?" Harry asked.

I shrugged. "Maybe not. I'm pretty hungry." I grabbed a fork and dug into the eggs.

"You should be," said Harry. "We burned a lot of calories last night."

It was a good thing I hadn't put the fork to my mouth yet, because I couldn't stop laughing. I playfully slapped Harry with the back of my hand.

"What?" he chuckled. "It's the truth."

The rest of the morning, or I should say afternoon, was lovely. Neither of us had anything else to do for the day. We devoured the entire breakfast, and other than Harry returning the tray and dishes to the kitchen, we stayed in bed until well past two.

After we showered and got dressed, Zack arrived home to get ready for work.

"I'm so excited for our Thanksgiving tomorrow," I told him, clapping my hands together.