Epilogue

"I never knew Dahee knew how to apologize," I breathed, lying down beside Jungkook who was staring fixatedly at the darkening sky. It was progressively dimming to a shade of purplish-blue, and then to complete black.

Jungkook said nothing. He seemed to be transfixed by something in the sky, and I turned to look, too.

"Look, the constellation Aries." He pointed towards the sky. True to his word, a line of small, blinking stars were aligned in the night sky in a sort of pattern similar to the number 7, except that it was a bit angled.

I gasped in amazement. "This is the first time I've ever seen constellations in real life, in the seventeen years of my life."

Jungkook lay with his hands under his head in a supine position. "I've always been fascinated with astrology. I have a telescope in the balcony of my room, which I use to view the stars every night. Of course, there were many occasions when the stars didn't show up as expected, but the few occasions when they do always compensated for the disappointment. I even have a star chart, but I don't think you've seen it when you were at my house last time."

He closed one eye and positioned his fingers around the constellation, forming a kite shape. The stars winked, shining down brightly onto the earth. A small smile broke across his face.

"Do you want me to take a picture of your hands and the stars?" I held my phone below Jungkook's hands, peeping under it at the screen to make sure that it was well-positioned.

Stars and constellations seemed like the only thing that meant anything to us at the moment. The unwavering smile on his face made me blissful to just be by his side.

"We can smile as long as we're together..." I murmured subconsciously.

"Huh?"

"Look, don't you think the stars look like a number 7? It's my lucky number."

Jungkook made the number 7 with his thumb and index finger. A faint smile flickered to life on his face. "That's why I love astrology. It's so meaningful. It's so nostalgic. It's so... me," he breathed.

Our hands crept towards each other, and we gripped each other's like it was the only thing that mattered. Jungkook brought them up. "This is what we were meant for," he said. "We were meant to be together. I... I'm grateful that I found you, Chaewon."

I looked at the stars, then back at our fingers laced together. "I'm grateful too, Jungkook," I whispered. "Let's stay like this for the rest of our life."

I closed my eyes, watching as the world faded to an absolute black before my eyes. The stars twinkled, shining unyieldingly bright in the black surrounding it. A gentle wind blew, ruffling the strands of my hair, but this time, however, it did not chill my bones. Instead, it felt warm and welcoming to the touch.

***