↳ 𝘿𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙧

You get ready for dinner, putting on the prettiest dress that fits you. You begin to put on your makeup, trying your best to make it look effortless. For the first time in the past two days, you're fine. For whatever reason, you're ready to see what she has that you don't. Ready to tell yourself that you're so much better.

"Are you almost ready?" Kaya asks, barging into your room. She finds you putting on lipstick, and she smiles, realizing that at least you're making the effort to get ready. However, her smile drops when she remembers why you're getting ready. For a complete idiot. "Are you sure you want to go to dinner?"

"I want to see how they are together. She might eventually become my son's stepmother." You almost gag as the word stepmother leaves your lips. Kaya chuckles at your words.

"You really think that she'll become a stepmother?" Kaya questions as you stand up and begin to look for your coat. You can't waste too much time since you're walking to a restaurant that's at least a fifteen minute walk from your place. "I was upset about the fact that he was seeing someone, but Leiko of all women? If I were you I'd leave the country so you wouldn't have to share the kid."

"She's not so awful. She was just a spoiled child, and she hasn't grown out of it. Maybe Satoru will change her." You respond as you put on your coat. You begin to walk to the living room. "Let's change the topic..."

"Fine." She rolls her eyes as she follows behind. She waits for you to finish getting ready, which feels like forever. But she doesn't mind. She doesn't want to spend too much time with your idiot baby daddy and his stupid girlfriend.

"Do you want to move in? I have an extra room. I could use an extra hand around." You offer, and before she can accept or decline– Or tell you she has to think about it, you speak again, "You wouldn't have to pay anything because Satoru pays for everything. And he swears he'll send me money for groceries and whatnot."

"Are you serious? I'd love to." She answers. "I love it more because your stupid baby daddy is paying for everything."

"I'm thinking about asking him for money so I can buy baby clothes. It's his fault that I quit my job." You share, and she smirks. She certainly loves that idea.

"You might as well ask him for more money so you can buy yourself a treat." She suggests, causing you to smirk back at her.

"This is why you're my soulmate."

-

Kaya's right by your side when you enter the restaurant. Your eyes immediately land on Satoru and Leiko, and the false confidence that you had instilled in yourself is gone. You want to cry when you look at how pretty Leiko looks with her navy blue dress.

You sigh, walking to the table, holding Kaya's hand. You take a seat across from them in the booth, and Leiko grins. It's almost wicked, but you tear your eyes away from her and look at Satoru. Satoru looks down at the menu, embarrassed. It's rare to see him without his shades.

"Look at you, so round and big carrying our baby." Leiko says, and it takes everything in Kaya not to break the woman's nose. Satoru is visibly embarrassed, his cheeks pink as he hears that. There's a lump in your throat, and you regret deciding to come here. "I'm so glad you decided to join us for dinner."

"Me too." You lie, clearing your throat. Five minutes then you'll make up some excuse related to your pregnancy. Then you'll go back home. Kaya looks back and forth between Satoru and Leiko.

"Satoru wasn't too sure that you'd join us, but we're glad that you're here. I've been wanting to talk to you ever since I found out that you were carrying our baby." Leiko continues, and Kaya takes a deep breath. You're also taking deep breaths, trying not to burst into tears.