↳ 𝙋𝙧𝙤𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙨

For the past four months, Satoru has experienced being a father to the best baby in the world. Satoru quite literally cannot fathom the thought of loving someone more than he loves the little baby that's strapped to his chest. And there's nothing he loves more than hearing his little baby laugh as Satoru cuts up some strawberries.

"Is that funny, Seiji?" Satoru asks as the baby laughs, looking at how his father takes a strawberry and magically makes two of them. There's no better sound than his baby laughing at Satoru doing the bare minimum. Seiji's simply Satoru's favorite human, he always will be. The same laughter emits when Satoru cuts up yet another strawberry.

"Satoru, aren't you going grocery shopping?" You question as you walk into the kitchen to find him cutting up strawberries just to entertain your baby. He hums in response.

"Are you coming with?" Satoru responds and you shake your head. He's noticed that you avoid going out. The most you go out lately is to the balcony of the apartment to take a breath of fresh air. He doesn't want to call you out on it but it worries him.

"Do you want to take Seiji with you?" You ask him, and Satoru nods. Satoru insists on taking Seiji out, and while you try to say that inside Seiji is safer, Satoru just wants to show off his baby to the world.

"He helps me pick up ladies." He jokes, making you roll your eyes. You've been dating– Not officially but you're affectionate with each other and act as if you were dating. It's like the beginning of your pregnancy, just this time you aren't all too worried about labels. You're both more focused on Seiji than anything; Satoru does want to make it official though, he just wants to make it special. "I was thinking... Maybe next week we can call Kaya to babysit so we can go on a date."

"Depends on where it is." You answer, and Satoru can't bite his tongue.

"Why are you scared to go out?" Satoru brings up, and you shake your head. You're definitely not scared to go out, inside it's just simply safer. You chuckle.

"I'm not scared to go out." You claim, but he really doesn't believe it. The evidence makes it clear. You barely step out of the apartment.

"You know that we'll have to move out eventually? We have to look for a house for the five of us, and I can't exactly pick it out by myself." He points out, and you end up sighing. "I know you refused to go to therapy but you should really consider it."

"I'm fine." You reply, and as the words leave your mouth, Seiji begins to fuss. It's always funny to see Satoru bouncing to try to calm the baby down, Satoru's hand going to Seiji's tiny foot and caressing it. It doesn't work, and he takes Seiji out of the carrier. You take the baby from Satoru and you kiss the top of Seiji's head, "You wanna stay with mommy, don't you?"

"He's a traitor." Satoru rolls his eyes. But only God knows that he would give up his life for that tiny little traitor.

-

Maybe Satoru is right, that's all you think about while trying to go to bed. With Seiji you barely get any sleep, and you want to take advantage of every minute that you get to sleep, however, you can't fall asleep even though you're so tired. You're just thinking about your son, how you're refusing to go outside and how if you refuse to step a foot outside again, you'll miss so much from his life. That's the only thought that consumes your mind and it doesn't help you sleep.

"Satoru." You try to get his big arm off you because you hear your baby crying. Satoru is also exhausted; not only is he working but every time Seiji cries, Satoru tries to go to his rescue. Of course, he doesn't have an unlimited source of energy so he's bound to get tired eventually. Satoru rolls over and you get out of bed to get Seiji before he wakes up the sleeping kids.