↳ 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙀𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙏𝙞𝙢𝙚

At seven months of age, Seiji learns the most amazing trick– Not necessarily a trick since the majority of babies crawl. However, it leaves you amazed to watch the baby that could barely sit on his own a couple of weeks ago, use his hands and feet to move around. Satoru has gone a little overboard with baby proofing the house since the teething baby loves to crawl around and put random objects in his mouth. And now at nine months, almost ten months old, Seiji absolutely hates being carried.

"Why don't you like being held anymore?" Satoru asks as he holds his son whose hands open and close, his arms pointed to the floor. Satoru hears the whines from the baby, and he ignores them. A scream leaves Seiji's mouth and it causes Satoru to roll his eyes. "Stop trying to be your own person, Seiji. You're not even a year old. I'm holding you."

"Satoru!" He hears you yell, and he walks over to the baby playpen in the living room, putting Seiji down. Since Seiji started crawling, a lot of new adjustments make the place feel cramped– Satoru truly can't wait to move out. He's about to walk to you, but you finally appear. "You won't believe the news I got!"

"What is the news?" Satoru asks, and you seem so excited. Your happiness radiates and infects him, causing him to smile even though he's upset that the baby behind him refuses to be carried.

"We have a double date." You announce, and his brows raise, surprised to be hearing that. You walk over to him, and bend down to pick up Seiji from the playpen since he puts every single toy he finds in his mouth.

"Did you get Kaya to babysit?" Satoru asks and you shake your head.

"We're going on a double date with her and Daisuke." You tell him, and now he realizes why you were so excited. For the longest time Kaya and Daisuke have been friends even though it's clear that they've liked each other. They've been pining over each other for what feels like an eternity, and it's nice to hear that they've finally gotten together. Satoru hasn't talked to Daisuke in a while but it's nice to hear that his friend is finally getting with the woman that he's been fawning over.

"When is the date?" He asks.

"Friday. So two days." You answer, and he's concerned.

"Are we taking the baby with us? I can't really leave Tsumiki responsible for a baby." Satoru's eyes keep staring at Seiji. He can't help but feel jealous because the baby is so calm in your arms and he doesn't want to go to the floor.

"My parents are coming to town and my mom wants to babysit her little grandson." You respond, and while Satoru should be relieved that he doesn't have to look for a babysitter, he grows even more worried. You notice, and you tilt your head to the side. You're not sure why he's worried. Then it hits you.

"We'll blow up an air mattress in Seiji's nursery, and they'll stay in our room for the time being."

"We're giving up our room for your parents?" Satoru furrows his brows, a bit confused if he's hearing you right. You nod in response, and he's confused as to why you're so excited to be sleeping on an air mattress in the baby's room. "Why are we doing that?"

"So we can go on a double date with my best friend and then have the night off to do whatever we want." You comment, and it's tempting. Maybe it's not so bad– But it's one night compared to–

"How long are your parents staying with us?" Satoru asks, taking Seiji from your arms because you've learned this trick that when you move Seiji's bottom lip and put on a baby voice, Satoru says yes. At least nine times out of ten.

"We'll have a lot of nights off..." You kiss Satoru's cheek, and he's tempted for a minute. Until he sees Seiji's little arms stretch out, pointing your way. He rolls his eyes. He's fucking jealous that a baby prefers someone else... His own son prefers his mother's arms. "We can do whatever you want, every night for a week. Free babysitting. Think of it as payback for what my dad did when I was pregnant."