↳ 𝙐𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙑𝙞𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙤𝙧

Kaya was quick to set you up on a date, and a week later, you're looking for outfits to put on. As spring takes over, the weather warms up and you have to find something to wear, but none of your clothes are fitting as you reach your sixth month of pregnancy. You walk to Kaya, wearing clothes that no longer fit.

Kaya compares color samples for the nursery, and she's so focused that she doesn't notice you walking into the room. She's spooked when you walk into the room, wearing a crop top that clearly doesn't fit anymore. She can't help but laugh, and you end up rolling your eyes, "See, I told you going on a date was a bad idea. I don't have anything else to wear."

"What about the cute dress you showed me earlier?" She asks, walking over to the window to look at the colors in the light. "That dress was cute."

"My boobs were showing too much. They've grown a lot, I have to get new bras." You share, and she turns to look at your breasts. She can see through the shirt that you've gone up a cup or two. "I don't think I can go out tonight. Tell your friend that I won't make it."

"No!" She raises her voice at you as you turn to walk out of the room. You try to ignore her as she yells, "Wear the dress! Showing him your boobs will get him to fall in love with you!"

"I'm good!" You yell back as you get back to your room, and you begin to look for another outfit. It's time for you to buy some maternity clothes, as much as you don't want to. You'll hold back on it for a bit, at least until it's too late for Kaya to set you up on a date. You don't want to go out with anyone at the moment.

"He's a really nice guy, don't make me cancel." Kaya says, and you're startled to hear her voice. You didn't hear her follow. "He's really looking forward to this. I showed him your picture and he was stunned. You should give him a chance."

"I would, but I don't have any clothes." You respond, trying to make up another sort of excuse so you can get out on having to go on a date. You're not ready to date, especially since you're having a baby so soon. A new relationship is the last thing you need. The stress of a new baby is already more than enough. "Plus, I've been reading this book to prepare for the baby, which I think is more important than–"

"Yeah, yeah. We both know that you're not going to be reading that tonight. By eight, you'll be snoring. And don't tell me that you don't because I can hear you." She answers, and you roll your eyes, looking for your yoga pants and oversized shirt to change into. "I'll cancel then. But it's going to break his heart."

"Good. I don't care about anyone's heart but the two that beat inside of me." You answer, and Kaya sighs before she walks out of the bedroom, going back to the empty room to compare the paint samples once again.

-

Kaya's right, by eight you're knocked out. She almost bursts out laughing when she hears some light snoring coming from your room, but she tries her best to not make any noise to let you sleep.

She goes to the couch, taking a seat with her laptop so she can look for nursery items that she'll be needing to buy for her little nephew. At this point, Kaya is probably more excited than you are. When she starts to focus on scrolling, adding to her cart anything that she finds remotely fitting, there's a knock on the door. She furrows her eyebrows, standing up from the couch as she set her laptop down on the coffee table. She walks to the front door, wondering who it could be at this hour. She isn't expecting to meet with anyone.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Kaya slightly raises her voice when she sees Satoru. Satoru welcomes himself in, after all, he does pay for the apartment. He then asks Kaya,

"Where is she?" Satoru turns to look at Kaya, not bothering to greet her because she didn't even bother to greet him.

"She's on a date..." Kaya is quick to lie, but Satoru can immediately tell that you're not.

"She's sleeping, isn't she?"

"She's six months pregnant, what do you expect?" Kaya responds, a hint of attitude in her voice. "Plus we've been busy."

"Busy with what?" Satoru asks, walking over to the couch and taking a seat. He notices Kaya's laptop, and he realizes what you two are busy with when he sees nursery items. "Don't fucking tell me!"

Satoru stands up and rushes to the nursery, turning on the light. There's a couple of boxes, and he sees in the corner a can of paint. The nursery isn't finished, but you two were definitely planning to start it.

"What's wrong with you? Why are you here?" Kaya asks as she approaches him. "Don't you think that you and Leiko have done enough? Are you here to invite her out again? To ridicule her?"

"What the hell are you even talking about? Look, right now I'm so fucking mad I could burn this aparment down, don't even say shit." Satoru brushes past her and goes back to the living room. "I'm just here to check up on her. Believe it or not I care about her."

"Really? You care so much about her that you started to date someone that she despises. While she's three months away from having your baby, keep in mind." Kaya argues, and Satoru's eyes almost widen, now realizing that the date of his baby's birth is coming closer and closer. "She has three months to set up a nursery, and we're not waiting around for you to make space to come around. Believe me, we know more than anyone just how needy Leiko can be."

"You didn't even try to inform me. Trust me, that would be my priority." Satoru says, and Kaya puts her index finger on her chin, slightly tilting her head as she pretends to think.

"We did... Or wait. I don't think we did. Did you inform her about the fact that you were already in a relationship or that you wouldn't even try to be with her even though she's becoming the mother of your child? I'm sorry, I can't recall."

"You know... I'm with Leiko to protect her. It wouldn't make sense, but I'm doing what's best for everyone." Satoru begins, and Kaya's eyebrows furrow. She doesn't understand how he's doing the best for everyone by dating Leiko. He's probably letting himself believe that to boost his ego.

"I can't fucking believe you." Kaya shakes her head. "Just get out. You have nothing to do here anyway. She's sleeping."

"I'll leave when I want to. I pay for this place, Kaya." Satoru reminds her. And while they bicker, they fail to realize that you've woken up. You groggily interrupt them,

"Please argue some other time. I'm so tired." They both look at you. "Why are you even here Satoru? It's way past decent hours."

"It's only eight." Satoru responds, making you roll your eyes as you walk to the kitchen to get a glass of water. "Just wanted to check up on you and the baby... You've been ignoring my messages."

"I've been ignoring the world. You can't complain when I haven't even been messaging my mom." You answer, which lets Satoru feel a little better about the fact that he's being ignored. "I'm not in the mood to talk, if that's what you want to do. It's best if you just leave."

"Yeah... Okay." Satoru says before he stands up and begins to walk to the door. Kaya watches, in disbelief at how easy that was. She wasn't able to accomplish it. "I'll be back tomorrow!"

"Don't!" Kaya yells at him, and you call out her name, and she looks at you a bit annoyed. "What?"

"Be nicer to him. He's still going to be in our lives, whether we like it or not."

"I wish he would die–" She mutters.

"Kaya..."

"Sorry."