↳ 𝙅𝙪𝙣𝙚 26

Satoru is in disbelief as he holds his son for the first time– Tears stream down his face as he looks at the cute little face. He's just the cutest human ever, and he hasn't been here for a full day. God, he's crying even more because his baby won't be this small again. He doesn't want to let go of his baby. He'll forever remember this day, June 26.

"Can I hold him, Satoru?" You can't believe that you have to ask to hold your own son. Satoru only let you hold him to feed him, and it's irritating; sure, there will be times that you will be begging for someone else to hold him, but today is not one of those moments. He just got here. He isn't paying any attention to you, and you have to slightly raise your voice, "Satoru!"

"Huh?" He asks, finally looking up from his baby. You have to ask him again,

"Can I please hold my baby?" Satoru hesitantly nods before standing up and handing you the baby. You can't believe that you have to ask him to hold the baby that just came out of you. He gives you the baby, and you stare at him in awe. You've been anticipating this moment for what feels like an eternity, and he's finally in your arms. Any pain is worth it– At least in this moment, you know that bleeding for a month straight will change your mind.

"We need a name for him." He says, and you hum in response. You've had time to think of baby names, but your mind has been too busy with your possible death. Holding your baby in your arms makes you realize that you've missed out on so many fun activities that would make pregnancy better. But it's fine, as long as you have your little baby. "Do you have any?"

"I don't." You answer. Satoru bites down on his lip, thinking of the perfect name. A name that'll follow him for the rest of his life. Satoru tries to think of the perfect name, but that's just so hard to pick now. The baby doesn't have any sort of personality yet; he's only been alive for a couple of hours. "Do you have any in mind?"

"I don't either." He confesses. And he tries to think of names, but none come up in his mind. A smile comes on his lips, and he jokes, "How about Satoru Jr.?"

"God, that name is awful–" And just as you say that, the door to your room opens and you watch as your parents walk through the door. They're quick to go to your side to finally be next to you after everything that has happened. Oh– And to finally meet their precious grandson.

"Your baby boy." Your mom comments, her voice breaking as she sees the baby. Although she doesn't want to say how she's more excited to see you again, rather than meeting her grandson. Both are big events, but for the past six weeks, she's been more worried about your wellbeing. Same is for your father. She pushes the hairs away from your face and asks, "Are you okay, baby? Is everything alright? I've been worried sick."

You talk to them, avoiding sharing many details because you don't want to think too much about everything that has happened. They fawn over their grandson, and Satoru smiles as he watches you four. Your parents argue on who gets to hold the baby first, and in the end, your mother wins. She sanitizes her hands before she picks up her grandson, putting on a baby voice as she talks to him.

"Have you two thought of a name?" Your father asks, and you shake your head. You have to name him because you can't call him your baby boy for months on end until you finally pick the name. The baby begins to cry, and you hear your mother coo at him before she hands him back to you. You waste no time in feeding him. Meanwhile, your father asks, "How much does he weigh?"

"Seven pounds six ounces." Satoru answers without missing a beat. The door opens again, and you look up from your baby to look at Kaya who walks in through the door. The biggest grin comes to your face and she smiles back as she walks in with a teddy bear, flowers, and a balloon. Satoru takes it from her, thanking her and although she wants to make a snarky remark, one that highlights her weird relationship with Satoru, she bites her tongue.