1 「S A M - U L E Y」4

𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐑𝐘 𝐉𝐔𝐌𝐏/𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐅𝐅 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐅, Catherine couldn't help the sad look that came over her face as she turned back towards Jacob

The girl walked back over toward her boyfriend, stopping in front of him with a small pout on her lips.

"What happened to him," She asked as she leaned up against her boyfriend again, the pout still on her face as she laid her chin on his chest. "he was so chuckly and happy the last time?"

"I don't know, Bunny, he-uhm missed some school," Jacob tried to explain to his best ability about what happened, but honestly he was still dealing with the after-effects of losing another one of his best friends. "now all of a sudden, he started following Sam around like a little puppy."

Samuel Uley was someone that Catherine only recognized by name, to her recollection she'd never met the older guy even back when she used to live in Forks.

But Jacob knew him, he was the sole person he blamed for nearly all of his friends leaving him one after another, to join his narcissistic rain over the reservation.

"Same thing happened with Paul and Jared." Jacob continued to speak as his harsh glare grew harder, his eyes stuck on Sam who was staring right back at him.

Or what the older man deemed as him, although pointing out Jake from Isabella and Catherine wasn't very hard as Catherine was a lot shorter, and Bella a lot paler.

At least that was until Sam jumped off of the cliff, falling into the water with the rest of his crew, leaving them alone for too long wouldn't ever lead to anything good.

"More of your friends?" Catherine asked curiously as she continued to look up at Jacob, she didn't like the look of anger and sadness that his eyes held.

"Our whole little circle, but uhm," Jacob paused his words as he gazed off absentmindedly to the bottom corner of his eye, his brain replaying the look Sam always gave him. "Sam keeps giving me this look like he's waiting for me or something."

Dazing out into space for a moment as he remembered the look Sam would give him, Jacob quickly broke himself from his mind as he shook his head.

Before he turned back to make eye contact with Catherine, the fearful look not leaving his face as he gazed into her eye.

"It's kind of starting to freak me out." He admitted softly as he looked at the girl, he knew she wouldn't see him any differently if he admitted how frazzled his mind became when Sam looked his way.

"Want me to talk to him?" Catherine asked seriously with a determined face, although her words only managed to bring a small laugh out of Jacob.

Or rather it wasn't her words, but the way she held up her hand in a fist, signaling that she would somehow beat up Sam Uley.

In what world would a Twenty One-Year-Old, Six Foot Five, Samuel Uley be beaten up by an Eighteen-Year-Old, Five Foot Even, Catherine Dysis?

"And what are you going to do Bunny?" Jacob asked chuckling as he looked down at her, his raising to pinch her cheek causing it to turn a bright red.

"Hey, just because I'm small doesn't mean anything," Catherine said slightly offended as she begrudgingly moved his hand away from her now stinging cheek. "I can pack a punch, you know, I could take him."

Hearing her words, Jacob only pulled the girl closer with a louder chuckle, he loved the way that the girl would try to protect him, although in his mind she was entirely too adorable and fragile to start a fight with anyone.

"Thank you for trying to protect me," Jacob muttered sincerely as he held her close to him, before pulling her out to look at her beautiful face. "but I don't want you anywhere near him."

"Fine, then you should just avoid him," Catherine sighed as she tried to see it from his side, she could understand why he was so protective of her, he didn't know what she was. "or I really will, Charlie says he comes down to the Sheriff office sometimes and I'm not above driving down there when my car comes."

"Okay, I promise," Jacob nodded his head as he listened to the girl, he'd do just about anything to keep her away from Sam as he still didn't know how he got all of his friends to leave him. "I'll avoid him."

"Good," Catherine said nodding once again as she looked up at the boy and sincerely as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "can't have anything happening to you, just got you back."

The two gazed at each other softly, their eyes holding a type of growing love as they looked at each other, even without words the two bonded even more.

"Alright you two," Bella interrupted the two as she grew tired of being quiet as the two had their little moment, whilst she headed back towards the truck. "back in the truck."

"Come on," Catherine spoke after the sound of the truck door closing, the girl not letting go of Jacob for another moment. "the faster we do this, the faster we can settle back in my room and have a little movie date, what do you think?"

"I think that's a perfect idea," Jacob nodded his head happily as he looked down at the girl, the two leaning in towards each other almost meeting if only they hadn't been interrupted by Bella's truck horn. "come on let's get back in."

With that Jacob began to walk back towards the passenger side of the truck, although the didn't make it more than two steps before Catherine pulled him back.

The boy stumbled for a moment before his lips connected with Catherine, the girl's arms quick to wrap around his neck and one of her hands running through his hair.

Jacob, on the other hand, his eyes widened for a moment as the abrupt movement shocked him, that was until he fully fell into the kiss.

One of his hands came down to grip her hip, whilst the other moved to her cheek as he pulled her body closer to him, loving how assertive she could be when she wanted to be.

"Okay," Catherine said breathlessly as the two slowly broke apart, her chest heaving as she looked up at him. "now we can go."

With that the girl walked passed him to the truck, Jacob following behind her like a love-sick puppy on cloud nine, following behind his Goddess.