1 「F I R S T - R I D E」 5

𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐏 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐁𝐈𝐊𝐄, Catherine's foot could just barely touch the ground after she threw her leg over the other side of the bike

Although that didn't stop her from fully sitting on the back of the bike, it did cause Jacob to throw the girl a small amused, and concerned look.

"Okay." Catherine muttered under her breath, not noticing the look Jacob was giving her before she looked up at him.

"Are you sure about this Bunny, you look scared." Jacob commented as he stood in front of the girl and the bike, not realizing he was more scared for her to ride the bike than she was.

"I'm not," Catherine chuckled at her boyfriend's nervousness and concern for her, it only making her fall more for his adorable concern. "this isn't my first rodeo."

Hearing her words, Bella who had just walked over from her seat at the back of her truck, couldn't help but furrow her eyebrows at the 'new' information.

"What," She asked with a small disbelieving yet amused chuckle as she folded her arms over her chest. "you've ridden one of these before?"

"No," Catherine tilted her head to the side a bit, before sitting up on the bike to look back at her cousin. "but we used to have a quad bike that I'd use to watch the animals and sometimes fertilize the crops."

"You worked on a farm?" Bella asked another question with the same confused face, her words causing Catherine and Jacob's eyebrows to furrow as well.

"Sort of," Catherine answered again almost hesitantly this time, trying her best to explain her family's situation without it sounding Amish or weird. "I mean my family technically owned it, but everyone in the village worked on it."

You see Catherine's family village was made up entirely of her species, just about wall to wall filled with bunny hybrids that helped around and took care of the young.

And despite great book irony, Catherine, or rather the Whiteridge village didn't specialize in carrots, it had a wide range of things.

From Animals, cattle included, to crops and the like that kept them sustained and in business.

"Village?" Bella asked another question as she glanced between a confused Catherine and Jacob, both of them giving her the same faces.

Catherine had told both of them about her family village, despite it being a minimum of 3 years ago, Jacob had managed to remember just about everything his Bunny had said about it.

So to him, it was a bit odd that Bella didn't remember anything, but it had been a long time so he didn't want to say anything, I mean come on back when he hung with Embry, the young ex-friend forgot things quite easily.

"Yeah," Catherine answered nodding her head slowly, before glancing at Jacob who was also nodding his head as he remembered her telling them. "I told you all about it remember, every summer when we used to come back here."

Letting out a nervous and saddened chuckle, Catherine half expected her older cousin, by two months, to somehow suddenly remember all of the stories she'd told her about her home.

Although seeing the blank and awkward look on Bella's face, Catherine was quick to realize that the girl had little to no recollection of anything she'd said back then.

"Uhm it's alright it was years ago," Catherine tried to wave off the situation, however deep down she was truly a bit saddened by her Bella not remembering anything about her life. "anyone would have forgotten, let's just get started."

Despite the girl trying to put on a smile after waving off Bella's words, Jacob was quick to catch the sad look on his girl's face as she glanced down at the handles of the motorbike.

"Bunny?" Jacob asked in a soft voice as he placed his index finger under her chin, guiding her head up to look at him as he held a questioning gaze.

Shaking her head lightly, Catherine was slow to push Jacob's hand away from her face, glancing down once before looking up and flashing him another fake smile....but he could tell.

"This is the brake." Jacob spoke lowly as he gently grasped her hand, running her thumb over her knuckles before placing her hand on the bike's brake.

"I know, Jacob." Catherine spoke taking a deep breath, glancing back as she felt Bella get on the back of the bike before she looked back forwards towards her man.

"I just want to make sure," Jacob said shrugging her shoulders, he'd do everything to make sure this ride would go smooth and easy. "now the clutch."

As he spoke, Jacob used his hand to guide Catherine to where they were supposed to be, despite him knowing she knew what to do and what to touch and move.

He still wanted to show her, to lay his hand on top of hers to his heart that was beating all too fast, he was scared for her even if she said she'd done this all before.

"And gas," Jacob finished after a small second of just having his hands on top of hers since he had to move one for her to flip the button for the gas. "now slowly light up on the clutch."

At his words, Jacob slowly backed away from the motorbike, since the moment Catherine reduce the pressure she was holding on to the bike it would start to move forwards.

"Told you, I got this." Catherine spoke as she let the motorbike move forward a little bit, slow and steady, at least that was until she got that sudden rush of danger nearby.

The feeling of a freezing breeze coming over her caused goosebumps to quickly arrive over her skin as the hairs on her body stood at attention.

She didn't know this was because the projected vision of Edward had appeared to Bella again, telling her to get off the back of the bike to not hurt herself.

And that vision caused Bella to lurch, forwards, for his hand to touch hers, but her hand went right through him and bumped into Catherine.

Causing her to make the bike lurch forward on accident, Jacob was quick to jump into action as he moved back over towards the bike in worry.

"You okay?" He asked hurriedly causing Catherine to jump, the sudden feeling leaving her again, allowing her to relax as she looked up at him.

"Yeah," Catherine nodded her head before looking back at Bella, she was taken the abrupt display of her fear to be a bad sign of all of this. "Bell are you sure about this, we don't have to go right now?"

"No, no, I want to go," Bella was quick to say through a few pants, the girl shaking her head profusely as she twitched from an overflow of emotions. "I just slipped a bit, sorry."

"Okay," Catherine said hesitantly before turning back towards Jacob, not without throwing her cousin a few more concerned glances. "it's just down the street and back, promise."

With that the girl leaned forward with her lips poked out, causing Jacob to smile softly before leaning down leaving a deep and soft kiss on her lips.

The two slowly pulled away from each other, Jacob leaning his forehead on hers for a moment, it was like he could only relax with her being close to him.

"Be careful, we don't have any protective gear to keep either of you safe." He told her with a small sigh before he backed away from her, moving out of the way of the bike.

"I will be." Catherine said giving the boy a confident smirk before she revved up the bike, lifting her foot from the ground and slowly taking off away from Jacob.