4 「 O P E N - H O U S E 」 7

the third point of view

𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐔𝐏 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄, Catherine could barely contain the excitement that brewed within her, not only from what could lie within the house.

But also because due to them walking side to side, she was able to cling onto Sam's arm in the same way she'd usually do Jacob with her hands wrapped around his arm and her hand in his.

Although the soft flutter she was feeling as Sam's hand tightened around her own flew to the back of her mind as she watched the front door of the house open.

Confusion laced her face as a tall Native-American woman exited the house, the woman wearing a brown hem halter, low-rise blue jeans, and a pair of brown sandals.

However it was the large scratch marks going down her face, that quickly drew Catherine's attention, but immediately moved her eyes away from them.

Her parents had taught her how not to be rude, and focusing on someone's visual difference would be the very epitome of being rude.

"Bout time you got here," The woman spoke with an amused smile on her face as she stopped in front of them, before giving Catherine a full once over. "is this her?"

"Yeah," Sam answered almost immediately as he glanced down at Catherine with a large smile on his face, before turning and introducing his imprint to his cousin. "Catherine this is my cousin, Emily."

Hearing their familiar connection, Catherine's eyes widened dramatically before she turned towards Emily with a large smile on her face, quickly holding out her hand.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you, I-" Catherine's introduction was cut off by the woman in front of her letting out a scoff before she was quickly enwrapped in her arms.

Emily squeezed her tightly in her arms, causing Catherine to slowly look at Sam in shock, she'd expected the woman to be a little bit tougher to befriend.

"She's a hugger." Sam mouthed silently from over Emily's shoulder, a smile on his face as he motioned for Catherine to hug her back.

Which the young woman did almost immediately after letting out a small oh, before basically burrowing herself into Emily's arms.

Hugging the woman back like an actual normal person instead of just standing there confused and looking around.

Which ultimately worked as soon after Emily let go of her, stepping back a bit but holding onto Catherine's forearm, keeping her in front of her.

"Sorry," She apologized a large smile still on her face, quickly melting away the tough exterior she'd previously been giving off. "I'm just so excited to meet my cousin's imprint, you're all he talks about now."