2 「C H A R L I E ' S - L U N C H」 0

𝐀 𝐍 - 𝐇 𝐎 𝐔 𝐑 - 𝐋 𝐀 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑

𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐊𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐅'𝐒 𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐄, Catherine couldn't help the little giggle she let out she shook out her rain covered umbrella.

As per Fork's usual, it was heavily raining outside by the time she left the house to take Charlie the lunch she'd made him.

Which she had neatly packed into a bento box along with a rectangular-shaped Tupperware bowl that she'd filled with red velvet cupcakes.

It had only been a day since she'd fallen off of the motorbike with Bella, whilst Bella had been restricted to the house and school, Catherine had been restricted to the house.

Although she felt it unnecessary as her wound had long since begun to heal, it just about skipped over the dark purple color and went straight to a yellow color and shrank about two sizes.

So on the other hand she had felt it necessary to do something to say sorry for not telling him about Bella's motorbike plan, so she decided to make him lunch despite him saying she shouldn't leave the house.

"Catherine," Jacqueline Richards, or rather Jacqui, the thirty-seven-year-old receptionist asked in confusion and shock the woman hadn't expected the young cheerful girl to come in. "what are you doing here?"

She'd heard about the accident, well everyone knows about the accident, it was a small town so gossip seemed to spread quickly around the nosey townsmen.

"I brought Charlie some lunch." Catherine spoke with a happy giggle as she held the bento box up for a moment. 

Giving the girl a questioning gaze, Jacqui rose one of her eyebrows whilst crossing her arms over her chest.

"I thought you weren't supposed to leave the house?" Jacqui asked accusingly as she already knew the answer, her words only caused Catherine to chuckle nervously.

She'd already suspected that Charlie at the very least would've told Jacqui about what happened, the woman had been a long-time friend of her Uncle's.

She was nearly the first woman Charlie had introduced Catherine to when she first moved down to Forks, especially when he insisted Catherine get a job at the station.

"I'm not," Catherine said as she rubbed the back of her neck before she motioned to the back "Is he in the back?"

"Yeah, go right a head." Jacqui chuckled as she waved the girl off, she'd grown used to Catherine's adorable attitude.

Nodding her head with a smile, Catherine was quick to walk towards the back of the building where her Uncle's office was.

And as she made it to the already opened door, she quickly noticed her Uncle Charlie up to his head in the paperwork that covered all of his desks.

So with the dark bento box in one of her hands as she used the other to knock on the door frame to grab Charlie's attention, which she almost immediately did.

"Catherine," Charlie asked in shock as he watched the young girl walk into his office, a sheepish smile on her face as she did. "what on God's green Earth are you doing here?"

"I brought you lunch." She replied with a cheeky smile as she slightly shook the bento box, whilst sitting down in the chair across from him.

Letting out a sigh, Charlie pinched the bridge of his nose before looking up again, he couldn't stay mad at her when she had that large smile on her face.

"You should be in bed healing," Charlie tried to advise her with a concerned look on his face, leaning back in his chair as he motioned to the girl. "not cooking and-and-and how did you get here?"

Hearing his question a large smile came over Catherine's face, the girl just about bouncing in the seat as it was just that morning that her, pink and black striped, Mini Cooper S Convertible that she had gotten a year ago.

"My car finally came in this morning," Catherine said excitedly as she did a little dance with her shoulder before she sat the bento box down on the desk. "so I decided to make your lunch and bring it on down here."

"Catherine-" Charlie tried again to scold the girl for coming down there, but she only interrupted him.

"Now before you say I shouldn't have and reiterate on me being on bedrest," Catherine said tilting her head from side to side whilst mocking his voice before she opened up the bento for him to see.  "I made you Pasta Carbonara, a Cobb Salad, and a Red Velvet Cupcake."

With that the girl pushed the box to the other side of the desk, right under her Uncle's nose so he wouldn't be as mad as she thought he was.

"You're favorite," She said in a singsong voice, before sitting back in her chair with a mindful look on her face. "well your healthy-ish favorite, can't just keep stuffing yourself with steaks and potatoes."

"Thank you, Catherine," He said sincerely as he moved the box to the side, he was happy about the food, but he cared more for her health. "but you should head home, wasn't Jacob with you?"

"Yeah, Billy let him stay the night and miss school to nurse me," Catherine explained with a giddy smile on her face, along with a blush as she thought back to what they did this morning. "but his punishment officially started an hour ago so he had to go home."

"Yeah home," Charlie spoke up quickly as he stood up from his chair with his arms crossed, the man getting ready to personally escort the girl out. "exactly where you should be heading off to."

"Okay, okay," Catherine spoke with her hands raised in surrender, she knew she wouldn't be able to stay there very long. "but just so you know this is going to become an everyday assurance and there is nothing you can do about it."

As she spoke, Catherine walked over to the door and paused as she made it to the doorway before she leaned on it and faced her Uncle.

"See you later, kid, make it home safe." Charlie told her with a chuckle before he sat back down in his chair as he now knew that he wouldn't have to lead her out.

"I will, Uncle Charlie," Catherine said as she now officially walked out of the room, once again making her way towards the front of the building before she called over her shoulder.  "love you."

"Love you too!" Charlie called out in a hurry as he knew at a certain point she wouldn't be able to hear him before he sat back down and prepared to eat his fresh lunch.