4 「T H E - R E A S O N」 3

third
point of view
the next morning

𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐊𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐎𝐍-𝐁𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐋 𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆, Catherine weird a nervous expression on her face as she kept glancing from the ground to her Uncle at the table.

Although hearing her walk into the room, Charlie was quick to look up not at first noticing the look on her face as he was in the middle of taking a sip of his coffee.

"Hey kiddo," Charlie asked in a partially upbeat tone, his expression turning confused and concerned as he saw the look on the young woman's face.  "how'd you sleep?"

"It was alright," She spoke with a fake small smile as she stood behind the chair across from Charlie, before she glanced at the ego waffles in front of the man.  "sorry I didn't get up and make breakfast like I used to."

"It's alright kid," Charlie just waved her off with a chuckle, every day Catherine made him believe in humanity a little bit more with her nice attitude. "I don't expect you to cook every day, heck I didn't expect you to cook at all."

"I'm happy to do it," Catherine commented with a small chuckle before the smile on her face dropped as she started dropping hints. "I'll even bring you dishes when I visit."

Hearing her words, Charlie's eyes almost immediately shot to hers, they registered quickly in his mind.

"Visit," He asked in confusion, his first thought being that something happened back home with her family somehow.  "you're heading back home, did your parents call you back?"

"No they-well I'm gonna call them in a bit to let them know," Catherine spoke truthfully pointing over her shoulder with her thumb, a small sad wince on her face as she failed to make eye contact.  "but I think it would be best if I would was to...move out?"

"You thought it would be best," Charlie asked in blatant shock, there was no reason she should think this, he thought she was happy living with them. "now what would make you think that?"

Hearing his question, Catherine couldn't help but glance at the ground not wanting to tell her Uncle, that it was his daughter's behavior that made her come to this decision.

However before Catherine could even figure out a way to verbalize this, someone else entered the kitchen.

"Morning." Bella spoke with a large yawn, the young woman running her hand through her hair as she walked over to the coffee machine.

She was so in her world, that she didn't even notice what was going on around her at this point.

"Uhm." Catherine murmured as she looked between her Uncle, the ground, and her cousin, non-verbally answering her Uncle's question.

Although Charlie didn't come to that realization for a few moments, the man just looked at his upset yet calm niece and his daughter who'd been in a lot of trouble lately.

The man looked partially robotic as he looked between the two before his eyes furrowed and he crossed his arms, only looking at his daughter.

"Isabella Marie Swan, what did you do?" He asked loudly as he stared down at his daughter, the girl only turning around in confusion with a large cup of coffee at her lips.

He'd caught her mid-sip, leaving her just standing there with the mug up to her lips looking between the two of them in confusion.

"Wha-" She dragged out confused as she glanced over at Catherine, the girl's eyes squinting for a moment before she quickly shut her mouth.