4 「 E X P L A I N 」 0

third
point of view

𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐎𝐘𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐀 𝐃𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐊 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊, Catherine didn't think she'd ever been this close to physically harming him, but the amount she'd been cut off was frustrating.

"Yeah kind of like that." She muttered under her breath as she folded her arms over her chest, her words quickly snapping Jacob out of his stupor.

"I'm sorry, Bunny, but you have real bu-" Jacob almost immediately apologized as he saw how upset he'd made her, but at this point, Catherine was over it.

"Bunny ears coming out of my head," Catherine cut him off once again, this time not out of spite she was honestly getting tired of him repeating himself. "yeah, we bunnies made a deal with a witch for a more controlled shift."

"A witch?" Paul spoke up as he tilted his head down trying to get a gauge of whether she was messing with them or telling them the truth.

"Yeah," Catherine nodded her head as a small dopey smile came over her face, letting the four men around her know she was telling the truth. "she was so nice, not like the stories at all might I add."

Once again the room went silent as the men just stared at the young bunny girl, none of them once again knowing what to say to the new supernatural information.

No Elder in the Rez had ever mentioned witches, they were seen as fictional amongst the already fictional creatures, so hearing someone they thought wasn't a possibility bring it up.

They knew it was true.

"So I guess I picked the best nickname all those years ago." Jacob joked/flirted lightly as he wrapped his arm around Catherine's shoulder, his words causing the girl to roll her eyes as she leaned into him.

"Oh don't act like you didn't accidentally hear my mom call me it once and adopted it." Catherine tsked whilst rolling her eyes, for years he took responsibility for the nickname as if he made it.

In all honesty, they had been playing hide and seek, when Jacob hid under the kitchen window behind Catherine's mother's prized petunias.

However, at the time Catherine's mother was in the kitchen getting ready to cook dinner, when Catherine ran in so she could grab a drink before heading back out to play.

It just so happened that Carolina, after seeing dirt covered child, called her as dirty as a dust bunny, and Jacob ended up adopting the nickname ever since.

He just shortened it to what it was today, Bunny.

"You've been calling her bunny since you were kids?" Jared spoke up and asked curiously, he hadn't known the nickname had been deemed ever since they were kids.

It was very ironic that Jacob managed to hit the name on the head at such young age.

"Yeah, it was my little thing," Jacob replied with a small chuckle until he rolled his eyes thinking about what had happened a few weeks ago. "until Quil came along-"

"Bun-Bun is different than Bunny." Catherine quickly jumped into the conversation in defense of her friend, or rather she just liked the annoyed look on Jacob's face when the other nickname is brought up.

"No, it's not." Paul chimed in drawing attention over to himself after listening to the two of them partially arguing, there wasn't a difference to him.

"Exactly!" Jacob almost immediately exclaimed as he pointed towards Paul, finally, someone was on his side about the subject.

However his exclamation only caused Catherine to burst out laughing, the young bunny amused by her boyfriend's attitude towards the subject.