2 「N E X T - T I M E」 4

third point of view

𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐂𝐊 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐓 𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇 𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐅𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒, Catherine thought they were so close to kissing and she refused to kiss the man, she loved Jacob.

But the more she reiterated it to herself mentally, the more she wanted to beat herself up for just thinking of him only because she knew it was keeping her away from Paul.

She hated herself right now, hated that she felt this way towards Paul whilst feeling a completely different way towards Jacob, she didn't understand what was going on.

Before now she hadn't had any thoughts about anyone else but Jacob, what'd happened?

"You are the most beautiful woman I've ever laid eyes on, you know that?" Paul asked suddenly and lowly as his eyes couldn't help but continuously glance between her eyes and her lips.

Although his words quickly brought Catherine back to Earth, rather than in a clusterfuck of emotions in the deep dark depths of her head.

"You don't even know me." She replied with a sultry tone and a small accidentally seductive smile on her face, she was once again getting lost in him.

However, Paul had been lost to her the moment she sat in his truck.

"But I want to." He said softly before he began leaning in to place his lips on hers, he'd been able to smell her the moment she'd gotten around by him.

It wasn't on purpose, he hadn't meant to catch the subtle hints of her arousal, he'd just managed to pick it up when it came flowing out of the girl as she clenched her legs.

She smelled so sweet, just absolutely fragrant and completely lush as it had a sweet blueberry tone to it along with a mouth-watering undertone of lavender.

"I can't," Catherine said as she backed away from the man, quick to reject his advances causing Paul to pause there stuck as he looked at her. "I'm dating Jacob, I love Jacob."

At her quick and very much-needed confession, the two of them were left to sit in complete silence both of them contemplating what had just happened.

"I-I have to go-" Catherine stuttered out as she realized how wrong it was for her to be sitting there in the passenger seat of another man's truck.

She'd gone in there to get them to leave Jacob alone, yet she ended up nearly kissing the man instead, she felt so guilty and wrong.

So she quickly turned towards the passenger side door, trying her best to hurry out of the truck.

"Wait I'm sorry, I didn't mean to push you," Paul quickly apologized as he sat back up and turned towards her, although not attempting to touch her in the slightest. "Catherine, I just..."

Hearing the man apologize, Catherine paused in her attempt to get out of the Truck, the girl glancing back at the man with a curious and yet patient look on her face.

"I'm sorry," Paul apologized once again his tone clear and straight as he glanced from the girl to the armrest, he honestly did feel bad for trying to be with her so abruptly. "we don't know each other, you're in a relationship, I never should have even tried to make a move on you."

He didn't know what had gotten into him, he hadn't expected the imprint bond to be so strong, to want her so much that his chest hurt the moment she tried to leave.

"Bye Paul." Catherine said softly before she quickly slipped out of the passenger seat, quick to open her umbrella as the rain continued to come down over her.