Chapter 22

Thank you for reading Enjoy

Chapter 22

Carol

With her bag packed and ready to go, I took one last look around my little townhouse. I turned off all the lights, and unplugged all the appliances. There is no reason to take any of those things with me. I'm sure Anthony will buy me new ones once I get where I am going. Although, I have to admit, I've truly enjoyed living in this home.

My son gave me a good life here. For so many months it's been just me here while he was in the brig. Now he is on his way to complete the plan we made, he made, I suppose is more accurate. It's unfortunate that he ran into such a nuisance of a snag. I have no doubt that Travis McKennan will be dealt with expeditiously. After that is handled, I know all too well what that means. My boy will need my help with finishing this job.

I had wanted to take my own car, but Anthony insisted on flying me out. I won't need my own weapons this time. Anthony has enough for both of us to be fully armed. I'm due for new furniture. The couch has seen better times and the bed is lumpy and uncomfortable. Anthony has already arranged for a new home and transportation for us once we get there. My son is meticulous about this assignment. Every step has been planned to the second. He has never failed me.

As I stepped out into the cool night air, I took one last look around. The taxi cab sat at the end of the drive patiently waiting for me. Picking up the single large bag, I closed the door silently behind me, knowing it would be for the last time. With my head held high I walked with a purpose to the cab. The driver took the bag and placed it in the trunk as I slid into the back seat.

"Where to, lady?" The cabbie asked over his shoulder as he slipped behind the wheel.

"The airport, I'm going to visit my son." Smiling as I looked back at my darkened home, the thought of reuniting with my boy fills my heart. Our revenge will happen soon.

Anthony

Casing the outside of the house is only a technicality. The thin wires that are setup around the perimeter had been well hidden. But then I knew what steps McKennan would have taken to secure the house. I have the same training as the man who set this up. I have a good idea just how McKennan would think about holding up inside.

Kneeling down in the soft dirt, I look around at the trap he's laid. Carefully, cutting each wire and deactivating each snare, one at a time I get closer to my revenge. I have to give McKennan credit. The exterior perimeter alarm was much tougher to locate than the interior. It took some time to get through it without setting off the alarm. But McKennan underestimated me as usual.

I will give him a thumbs up on effort. I almost missed two traps and I did have a close call but I anticipated the third trap and moved right through the rest. Dipping low under some wires, stepping gingerly over the next set that were placed just so, he could have caught me if I wasn't more alert, more aware, more everything compared to him. He would have assumed I would think I had at least one step between the traps. It was a nicely set-up, Anthony acknowledged. McKennan could be proud of his effort's when I cut him down.

Spraying a can of cooking spray into the bushes, I located the laser beam. Now we're getting to the high tech end. Impressive, and innovative design for a quick security solution. McKennan took some time, energy, and money, I can only assume, out of his own pocket, to set up this kind of rigging. But I came prepared.

Pulling the two double sided mirrors out of my pocket and placing them at just the right angle, the laser beams shot out in opposite directions. The ricochet of the beams opened up a small gap to get into the house. By splitting the beam, it allowed me to walk right in through the back door.