1

April first came tumbling in.

She's not excited about it.

And Suzune knows that most otakus would absolutely kill to be in her position, but she's not one of them. The plot was very reliant on her tsundere attitude. And along with her trust issues, she was an easy target to be manipulated. She's not gonna pretend to act like someone she's not, but the fact that the entire plot lies in her very hands scares her a little.

One wrong move and someone will probably die.

At least the uniform's comfortable. The skirt is a little short for her taste, but she'll take what she can get.

After making sure she looks presentable, she slides on the railing down the stairs and into the kitchen. Snack bars are fucking bomb and anyone who thinks otherwise can fight her. She'll throw down. Wasting points on cafeteria food isn't something she's gonna do.

So, lunch is a necessity. And what's better than a ham and cheese sandwich along with some salad? That's basically all she needs to function normally.

She locked the double wooden doors behind her as she stepped out of the two-story house.

Oh, to be a rich kid.

Her past life would've responded with "Can't relate."

Suzune calmly walked along the sidewalk, brushing her hand across the edges of the flower filled bushes. Spring was always one of her favorite seasons, the flowers and pastel colors associated with it always warmed her heart.

When was the last time she rode a bus?

Her memories say that the last time she did was when she was young. Well, younger.

The bus pulled up and she stepped inside and took a seat. People who use up two seats for themselves and for their luggage need to be banished. Some child in Africa could have eaten that seat. But no, you had to use it for your one singular handbag, that you couldn't put on the floor.

What book was original Suzune reading during this time? Crime and Punishment or something? Non-fiction reads have never appealed to her as much as fantasy ones do.

"Excuse me... Could you give up your seat?" Oh no, drama time. She knows this scene better than the back of her hand at this point. "That's a priority seat. I think you should let this elderly lady sit there."

"Oya oya, pretty girl. While it may be a priority seat, I have no obligation to relinquish it."

Big words for big narcissistic energy.

"You want me to give up my seat just because I am young? Nonsense, pure and simple. Even if I am young, standing consumes more stamina than sitting. Why should I do something so detrimental with no benefit for myself?"

Honestly speaking, the guy had a point. There is no law that states that sitting in a seat made for the elderly is illegal.

Kushida sweat dropped as she continued her bubbly impression. "I think you'd be contributing to society. And this lady seems to be having trouble staying up right."

"I have no interest in contributing to society." Well, it's his life. He can do what he wants. "Besides, what about those sitting in regular seats? The difference between priority seats and regular seats seems rather trivial to me."

The short elderly lady smiled up at Kushida, barely stopping herself from toppling overboard. "Really, I'm fine. Thank you, though."

Kushida frowned at the floor before taking a deep breath and turning to the rest of the bus.