35

(A/N: i lied backstory is in a few weeks i put my chapters in the wrong order whoops sorry for the wrong info!!)

The next two days of preparation and planning went by in a flash, and before they knew it, it was March 21st. Suzune wasn't thrilled.

She debated pulling the 'I'm sick lol soz' card, but she also didn't really want the girls to spam the group chat and glitch her phone out like hell.

So, she (eventually) got ready for the day (special occasions, looking presentable, blah blah blah, you know the drill.)

The very last night before the exam was upon them, Suzune got a call from Ayanokoji. It lasted for over two hours; the duo pouring over what they knew and what deductions each of them had made.

She got to see Ayanokoji let his bright mind a tad bit loose, and it was... pretty normal sounding, to say the least.

(Snippets from the phone call:

"What events are you going to choose?" Ayanokoji asked.

Something physical related; Sudo's a good asset and he has faith in the decisions I make."

"How about mental challenges? Class A chose a math rhythmic event."

"I adapted the study lessons to get more candidates for the challenge. Sato's quick-witted."

Ayanokoji hummed. He definitely noticed the way she avoided the question but didn't comment on it.

It's not that she doesn't trust the guy with her plans. It's more of the fact that she has the get out of jail free card between the two of them (the protection point), and it'd make her guilt-levels stay nice and healthy if she was the one to take the blame for failing.)

At 7:24am that morning, Suzune got an email from the school, saying that all commanders head to a specific building on the grounds.

She quietly opened the door, finding Sakayanagi and Ichinose talking to each other by the opposing wall, next to another room's entrance.

"Good morning, Horikita-san." Sakayanagi greeted with a smile.

Ichinose slightly jumped at the sudden change of conversation, before turning around to Suzune, a much brighter smile on her face than five seconds prior. "Yahalo, Horikita-san!"

"Hey." Suzune leaned against the wall, blowing her gum. "Do you think I'll get disqualified for putting gum under a table in there?" She gestured a hand to the closed door they were waiting by.

It was a valid question; some teachers get really passionate about their hygiene policies.

Sakayanagi put a face of fake wonder on. "Hmm, I'm afraid I don't know."

"Maybe!" Ichinose giggled.

"It seems like we're just waiting on Kaneda-kun now."

"Mhm."

The three girls waited patiently for their fourth acquaintance to arrive at the scene. Sakayanagi seemed quite bored and tried to start some drama.

"You sure are lucky right now, Ichinose-san."

"Eh?" Ichinose's face whirled in confusion. "Lucky how?"

Class A's leader tapped a hand on her cane. "As they are now, Class D is no different from an infant. Their chances of beating you are basically non-existent. All you have to do is see how many wins you can rack under your belt. If you manage to win up to seven events in a row, class B might just switch places with class A. That is, depending on how we perform."