23

Zazen was getting easier. For her, at least.

She can't say the same for whatever the boys were doing. Some of their positions were just... so unreasonably shit, yet so funny. She had to pinch herself until her skin went purple so she didn't burst out laughing in the middle of a kind-of religious activity.

Suzune's accustomed to the schedule of the training camp by now. Wake up, sit in a lotus position for an hour, eat breakfast, wash dishes, listen to some old guy ramble about morality or some shit, eat more food, run a marathon, eat dinner before Nagumo can find her, go to bed, rinse and repeat.

Today for breakfast though, Kiryuuin had requested (more so flirtatiously demanded) she eat breakfast with her. So there was that.

"Tell me about yourself." Suzune looked up from her breakfast to see her senior looking at her, white hair draping over her shoulders and red eyes flickering with curiosity.

"... Anything you want to know in particular?"

"Not really. Just anything about you." Kiryuuin stabbed her fork into a chunk of her pancake and plopped it into her mouth. "You're pretty cute."

Suzune shoved some coco-pops in her mouth before sitting up straight. "Well... I know another language?"

"Oh really?" Kiryuuin pushed her plate aside and leaned closer. "Tell me more."

"Spanish Duolingo is extremely funny."

".... alright. Tell me something in Spanish."

"Blondie es una perra malvada."

Kiryuuin stared at her. "I have no clue what you just said but I can at least infer that it was something against our latest elected."

"Only the truth, I assure you."

---

Suzune decided to eat lunch with the Horikita group for today.

They seemed to be enjoying the camp.

"I mean, come on! Why does Ishizaki have to curse me out at every damn turn?! I request him to do something and then he yells at me!"

Like, a lot.

"Well, Keisei," Hakura began while sipping her water bottle. "Maybe he just doesn't like you. Our class overtook theirs after all."

"T-that doesn't give him a reason t-to be mean, though..." Airi mumbled.

"It kind of does, though." Suzune twirled her fork in her hand. "I mean, let's be real here. Ishizaki is a prideful person. Moving down a class rank would likely damage that." She then picked at her salad for the day. "He's probably been angry for a while and hasn't had an outlet."

"That is true." Akito added.

Ayanokoji just poked his fruit with his fork.

---

Another day, another cleaning session. This time she was paired with Airi. The girl was hesitant in her moves when cleaning the dishes, clearly not used to the chore.

"H-hey." The shy girl suddenly spoke up. "S-Suzune?"

"Yeah? What's up?"

"Do you remember w-when I mentioned uh- how, um... how your eyes weren't scary?"

"Back in first term?" Airi nodded. "Yeah, I remember that. Do you wanna talk about it?"

Airi nodded again. "Mhm."

"Okay, then." Suzune grabbed a stack of plates and tucked them in their respective cabinet. "Fire away."

"Um... alright..." Airi cleared her throat. "Well- to start off, I uh- I-I wanted to explain how I kind of, um... identified them as not scary."