12

"Alright, let's gather what we know."

Why was she here again?

Oh right, because Ayanokoji's a dick who left her on read. All he said was 'meet up in the lounge room, 2nd floor, by 9:00am.'  When she asked why he didn't answer. Also, did he have to send that at 8:57am??

She had to get out of bed (don't judge), do her makeup within only three minutes, pick out a decent outfit acceptable for the public eyes, and book it down the stairs, almost falling flat on her face.

"The truth is... someone has already messaged me saying that they're the VIP from our class." Hirata said.

"You're kidding." Yukimura leaned forward in his chair. "Who would out themselves like that?"

"Well, you see..." Hirata pulled out his phone, tapped it a few times, the turned it around to show them.

"That makes sense..." Ayanokoji answered.

"But if the VIPs were evenly distributed, then there should be one more from our class- "

"The school expects us to stay quiet for two more days? Ha, Ridiculous." Koenji made his entrance, with no shirt on. Jacked abs though. "This special exam is but a simple quiz to catch whose lying."

On cue, the group's phone dinged. She checked her emails to see a message sent by the school.

"The Saturn's group testing has concluded- wait, did something happen? The Saturn group is no longer required to participate in the test." Yukimura looked up from his phone. "What did you just do Koenji?!"

The narcissist simply laughed and bid them adieu. Suzune waved back before slumping into the lounge chair.

She then looked over to Ayanokoji, to see him staring at the now empty space where Koenji previously was.

He's probably doing one of his weird inner monologue things again.

Must be a protagonist thing, or something.

---

Ayanokoji:
Tell me everything you know about Karuizawa.

Suzune:
If you're planning to emotionally manipulate her, she's not as dumb as you think.

Ayanokoji:
I never said that.
It's just that the way that she's been acting seems off.

Suzune:
The only thing I'll tell you is that she's the other VIP from our class.
My lips are sealed for everything else.

Ayanokoji:
Thank you for your cooperation.

Suzune:
Happy to help.

She sometimes forgets that the people she interacts with are actual human beings now and aren't two-dimensional blocks of colour.

That's probably not a good thing.

"There you are, Suzune." Quite literally the last person she wanted to see right now. "You look pretty lonely. You don't mind if I join, do you?" Albert was okay, though. He just kinda, stood there, unless you're fighting him.

Ryuuen didn't wait for her to answer and sat down anyway. He suggestively twirled his fingers through a loose strand of her hair. "Figured out how to find all the VIPs yet?"

"Give me one good reason why I should tell you anything."

"Playing hard to get, huh? A shame, I actually wanted to ask you of your thoughts." He slid the palm of his hand under her chin and turned her face to be directly in front of his. "What if I told you that I was about to figure out every VIP from all the groups? Would be you be more inclined to listen then?"