52

Day 14:

Day 14:

Kiyotaka successfully avoided capture from the first years thanks to Sakayanagi's leadership and planning. Said student had also informed him earlier that the first years seemed to have given up and that this plan was simply a one trick pony.

Though, his score is now a little low for comfort. 119 points would be closer to fifteenth or sixteenth place rather than eleventh.

Due to it being the final day of the exam, even though rewards are doubled, you cannot check the leader-boards meaning the rankings are unavailable to the public eye.

There's no use in delaying his movements anymore. He begins swiftly heading towards his next destination.

But, along the way to H3, he receives a radio call from Sakayanagi herself. He clicks the button on the radio to answer it.

"Yes?"

"Hello, Ayanokoji-kun." Sakayanagi's soft melody reaches over the radio waves. "Are you free to talk for a moment? There's something you should hear."

"What is it?"

"Ichinose has gone rouge."

"Pardon?"

"She's completely abandoned her group, and she won't answer any of my radio calls even if it's from other people I've ordered to contact her." Kiyotaka can hear the shifting of Sakayanagi's beach chair in the sand. "I haven't got a single clue why."

"... that's odd. Thank you for telling me."

"If you want to know more, feel free to call me anytime, Ayanokoji-kun. I'll always pick up."

The beeping sound of the radio came through, and Sakayanagi's voice was gone.

'Ichinose leaving her teammates behind... that doesn't sound like her at all. I wonder if something happened.'

He reaches H3 soon after the radio discussion and gains an early arrival bonus for his efforts. While taking a short break, he checks the map on his tablet and comes across something that could also be labelled as 'strange' or 'abnormal'.

He sees that the tasks for today are all on the southern half of the island, where he is currently positioned the exact opposite from.

Then, it just so happens that his next destination appears on I2; the furthest spot away from the island's port at D9.

While he's making his way to his next designated area, he also notices how he hasn't spotted anyone for a few kilometres now. Not a single student in sight.

'How strange... I wonder if it's because-'

His thoughts are interrupted by the sudden sounds of crunching leaves. Kiyotaka turns around to find Ichinose crashing into his chest, her pink hair dishevelled and purple half-moons stamped underneath her eyes.