53

Day 14: 11:23am -

Day 14: 11:23am -

All she hears is her own heart beat pounding in her ear drums.

Her movements are shaky, and there's a slight tremble to all her jumps and leaps over miscellaneous fallen tree branches and kicked rocks from other students who have travelled along this very path.

If her watch were strapped to her wrist right now, the function that tracks her speed would be sky-rocketing to heights that would have the staff's jaws dropping.

The wind slaps against her face. It feels like how the old hag would hit her when she found a spot of mould on her favourite pan.

Her shoes are floaty against the harsh ground. It feels like how she choked on her own breaths as she ran on a treadmill that could well surpass 39 kilometres an hour of speed. Daniel smiled at her progress with a clipboard and pen in hand.

Her hair is black against pale, flushed tissue. It used to be brown against olive freckles.

Green eyes that have seen all things red actually became that of rubies on soft, unscarred skin that was only ever soaked in loneliness and not another's guts and flesh.

She's so trapped in her own thoughts that she doesn't even realise she's called out to.

"Horikita!" Ayanokoji suddenly grabs her wrist in an attempt to stop her, but she rips it right out of his grasp.

Her actions caused her to twist around, and red eyes met brown. She sees Ayanokoji's eyes widen briefly before he's moving closer.

"You're injured." He states, like it isn't obvious.

She goes to leave again but this time Ayanokoji puts a firm hand on her shoulder, and she's so tired.

She probably hasn't slept in over a week (she doesn't keep count of that shit, it's a waste of her time, a waste of time she could spend planning and thinking and evading capture of those assigned on her back-) and her hair is a tangled mess, yet it still manages to flow along the breeze as if it were shallow water.

"Let me go," She says, but it sounds choked with the way she feels crimson liquid beginning to seep into and past her lips. "I've long over-done my stay here, if you couldn't tell."

"Horikita-"

"Tsukishiro will be arrested in a few days: Hiyori got to the bottom of Tsukishiro's murder in Oobari and the cops will show up. Stay in your dorm that day, and keep your distance from Shiba until he eventually resigns."

"You need to calm down-"

"Yagami will likely threaten Kei if he's not forcibly taken out by your dad's employees. He'll manipulate her into letting her get comfortable and use her against you. Corner him before that happens, okay?"

"Use Yukimura's intelligence as your next figure head to keep yourself hidden. He'll follow your instructions with the want to improve and become a better person worth his own pride. Stay low while Nagumo's up and about, and Kiryuuin will probably come asking for answers on my expulsion so tell her that I-"