40

Second week rolled around and about half of the students in their class had pairs from 1-b. Suzune knew Ayanokoji would eventually find a partner on his own, so she doesn't have to worry about that.

Koenji was probably not gonna listen to her if she tried to convince him otherwise and go solo, which even with the penalty, the guy would land around 400 points no problem.

"You lot have 10 minutes to finish the worksheet, and once you're done, I'll mark them later. During tomorrow's session we'll go over what everyone needs to improve on, and we'll go from there. Sounds good?" She asked their study group, who were all at their usual table in the library.

Everyone seated down nodded and stuck their noses into their papers. Ayanokoji was actually showing up to more sessions than she thought he would, so that was nice to see.

Kei seemed to be a little out of her usual groove whenever they had a study session though, like she had something else on her mind.

Suzune won't pry, but she has a sinking gut feeling that she knows exactly what choice Kei is trying to make.

"Ten minutes is up." All the class D members passed over their papers. Suzune slapped the table with them. "You're all dismissed."

---

On the way to school that morning, Suzune bumped into Nanase (coincidence? She thinks not, pale blondie). They walked together in kind-of-awkward-silence for a bit, before the shorter female asked a question.

"Say, Horikita-san." Nanase began, having to look up to her with the slight height difference.

"Hm?"

"You... there's more to you than meets the eye, isn't there?"

Suzune glanced up from her phone, noticing that the kouhai's gaze was faintly less friendly than before. "Isn't there more to everyone than meets the eye?"

The younger female breathed out a chuckle. "Yeah, I guess so. But what I meant was is that-"

"Landed yourself a girlfriend huh, Suzune?" An arm draped over her shoulder.

A smirking Kiryuuin synced into Suzune's footsteps beside her. "Ditching me already? And here I thought you had a heart."

"I wouldn't dare." She spoke blandly before gesturing a hand to the awkward looking Nanase on her right who shuffled from foot to foot. "You gonna introduce yourself?"

"Oh, uhm- Nanase Tsubasa. It's nice to meet you... Kiryuuin-san."

Kiryuuin lightly perked up at that. She directed her attention towards the light blonde and smirked, though her eyes were slightly narrower than before. "I don't recall introducing myself to you, Kouhai."

"I remember seeing you on the OAA app; you had a physical ability of A+."

"That I do. Though I don't remember seeing you on there, or if I did, perhaps your stats weren't so rememberable?"

Suzune flicked the older girl's forehead without looking up from her device's screen. "Don't piss her off; we're allies."

Kiryuuin didn't lose her cool one bit. "Awwww, now you're protecting her honour. Isn't that just so cute?"

"If you consider plain human interaction as cute, then you need to get your priorities in check." Suzune replied, going back to playing Subway Surfers on her phone. She pretended not to notice the white hair tickling her neck.

"Well, if you're one of the people interacting, then that's on another level of cuteness-"

She didn't get to finish whatever shitty flirting she started when Suzune elbowed her gut. Hard.