38

Second year started with people changing their seats with points. Suzune didn't really care about where she was seated; the rest of the girls thought it was a massive deal though. Kei had apparently bought out Ayanokoji's old seat, while the brunette chose to sit next to the hallway.

The morning bell rang, and everyone scrambled to their new seats. Chabashira strolled into the classroom with a stern look on her face.

"S-sensei?" Ike hesitantly asked, hand mid-raised in the air. "Is something wrong? Hold on, is there a special exam already?"

"Yes, there is. But there is something else important to the futures of all of you here at this school." Chabashira put her clipboard on the podium. "Everybody please put your phones on the desk. If you have forgotten it, go back to your dorms and get it, immediately."

Everyone placed their devices on their desks.

"Now, go to the class website and install a new app called, the Overall Ability App. Or for short, OAA. If anyone doesn't understand the instructions, please raise your hand." No one moved their hands, instead focusing on the task at hand (that's an improvement from last year, then again, it was only installing an app. It's the little things).

"All classes are doing this, so there's no need to worry. Once the app is downloaded, open it and wait for the rest of the class to finish."

The students did as they were told.

"Get out your student ID cards and put in the same information on there into the app. Then scan it on the phone's camera." Once everyone was done that, Chabashira continued. "In the app, you'll see many different things you can access, such as your personal information, your evaluation, and if you click on 2-D, you'll find all of your classmates. If you tap on your own photo, you will see that you have a portrait of yourself, and all of your details listed below.

These results are based on your first year here and it's possible to view anyone's class in any year through the app. This app was developed for the collection of data; to get a grasp at where you stand between your peers in a numerical format. Now, the app will be updated weekly, meaning you can see changes in your results over time. For example, Sudo; your academic ability is listed as an E. Not the shiny grade you'd want to show multiple people."

Sudo slightly flinched when hearing that semi-targeted insult.

"However, if you score a perfect result in the next written exam, your grade will shoot up to an A. The reason is as I've just mentioned; everything in the app currently is based on your previous year attending this school. But from this moment onwards, everything added or taken away will be from your actions of this current year."

"Sensei," Hirata called. "How exactly are results calculated?"

"Each section is calculated on different circumstances. For example, Social Contribution is based on a student's morals, manners, and their attitude towards teachers," Chabashira momentarily narrowed her eyes at Suzune when saying that.

She gave a shameless wave back.

"And even your absences. This particular section you'll find that it changes the most often. One week it could be average ranking, and the next it could be at the top of the leader-board. The OAA app will make you aware of how others perceive you and can even make you realise bad habits you weren't even aware of previously. Though, I have a suspicion that in a year from now, if students aren't up to the school's standards, they may be penalized.

Now, if you believe that your score rating is higher or lower than it should be, then go talk to the student council president Nagumo Miyabi for a negotiation."