13

"The students were chosen as the 'target' based on their surnames." Hirata said.

Kei tilted her head in confusion.

Kei had dragged Suzune along to the girl scout meeting with Hirata and Ayanokoji. They were all chilling at the cruise ship's pallet.

Hirata sighed. "I'll explain it to you. So, there are eight groups, eight planets, eight VIPs. Each VIP was chosen based on where they are in Hiragana script. For the mars group, it goes; Ayanokoji-kun, Ichinose-san, Ibuki-san, then Karuizawa-san."

"So that's why I was chosen... but doesn't that method seem a little..."

"Simplistic?"

Kei snapped her fingers at Ayanokoji. "Yeah, that!"

"It's only simple once you know it." Suzune answered. She popped a watermelon-flavored bubble. "Figuring that out while also trying to deal with your own group's shenanigans would be stressful."

Kei took a sip from her drink. "But you wouldn't be able to determine all the VIPs from all the groups by only knowing the ones from your class. There'd be no proof."

Harem boy nodded. "That's right. Although, something worries me. I think that in the middle of the exam, Ryuuen-kun somehow discovered the rules."

"But isn't it strange? If that's the case, why did he make a mistake?"

"Because someone answered first." They all turned to face Suzune, who tapped away on her phone. "The only way he could figure out how the VIPs were chosen was that if someone from another class told him their VIP info. Before Ryuuen could tell the rest of his class, someone from the group answered first. Probably either Koenji's group or the Venus group."

"That's a good observation." Hirata complimented. He then turned serious. "Say, Horikita-san..."

"Hm?"

"Could you perhaps help me in bringing the class together for the future?"

Suzune looked up from her phone. "Where did this come from?"

"It was just a thought. There's most likely going to be another exam when we get back to main campus, and I think it'd be best for class D to go into it as one united cohort."

"Wouldn't asking Kushida be a better option? Or for the girl's cooperation, Kei?"

"You're the one who brought our class to victory for the island exam, so I thought it'd be best if I consulted you first."

Suzune turned off her phone, pocketed it, and stood up from the lounge. She stretched her arms. "I'm still helping the guys out with their shitty grades, so I don't know if I'll be able to come up with a whole fool proof plan on the fly."

Hirata smiled. "That's fine. I just wanted to have your confirmation in whether or no you'd help us."

"Yeah, I'll help."

"Thank you."

---

They all got back to school safe and sound. Everyone took their seats when Chabashira Sensei walked in the room.

"From now on, classes will be back to normal again. However, at the end of this term, there will be a sports festival. In order to prepare you for that, PE classes will be increased from September to early October." Students muttered to each other. The girls groaned when hearing that there'd be higher demand in sport. "New timetables will be distributed along with information regarding the sport's festival."

She put a pile of papers on the front row's tables. They took one and passed it back.

"The school's homepage on your phones will have the same information as the handouts. You may reference it if you are unsure of any of the rules for the sport's festival."