7

"Bold + Italics" = Speaking in English.

---

"First, let's review what we know. The school gave us two tents for eight, two flashlights, one box of matches, backpacks of amenities for everyone here, sunblock for women..."

The classes were separated to different parts of the island. Class D decided to stay on the beach and review what they have.

Which wasn't much.

Kushida put a hand on her cheek. "A whole week with only this?"

"A survival test on a deserted island? For real?"

Suzune could still feel Ayanokoji's gaze drilling holes in her neck, but she won't give in.

She doesn't have to hold his hand through this whole ordeal. Plus, he's probably figured out what's going on anyway.

"We're on our own for food. We have to survive outdoors until noon seven days from now." Harem boy flicked through the manual.

Yamauchi put a hand on his hip. "But remember what the teacher said? We're still free to swim in the ocean and hold barbeques and stuff."

"Only If we spend some of the 300 special test S-points we're given. There's a wide range of things we can buy with points: Food, drinking water, tools for a barbeque..."

Yamauchi raised an eyebrow. "But you're not gonna use them?"

"Well, any S-points we have left when the test is over will be added to our class points."

Ike held up his hand. "If we can tough it out for a week, we'll get 30,000 a month! That's 30,000 a month!"

Kei clung onto Harem boy's arm and pointed at the manual. "What's that?"

"A list of things we lose points for: Illness and serious injuries, pollution of the surrounding environment, absence at morning and evening roll calls, violence against or stealing from other classes..."

"But there was a way to get more points, wasn't there?"

Hirata nodded. "Each time we secure certain 'spots' on the island, we get bonus points."

"So, the theme of the special exam is 'freedom to choose'." Suzune looked up to Ayanokoji, who said this while still staring straight into her soul.

"... What?"

"You already knew that."

She tugged at her hair tie and allowed her hair to roll off her shoulders. It's grown since she's last cut it. Wonder if there's a good stick around here that she can just borrow real quick.

"These watches..." She stuck her hair tie in her mouth and yanked her hair into a high ponytail. Ayanokoji kept talking. "There are hidden sensors and a GPS built into them. So they can send in aid in emergency, I guess."

Kei then tried convincing Hirata to spend points on a porta-potty, Yukimura's mommy issues are being taken out on women, and Suzune can already feel her skin burning.

Probably a good idea to do something about it.

"Oi!"

The shouting stopped and everyone turned towards her.

"We should start looking for a place to set up camp instead of getting at each other's throats."

Everyone glanced at each other while Hirata looked at her with grateful eyes. He gave a sincere smile.

"Great idea, Horikita-san."

Problem solved.

---