11

Kiyotaka stared out the window more than usual that morning. He watched the waves collide with each other, battling for which tide is stronger. Better.

'All human behaviour is goal oriented.'

'Indeed.'

---

Suzune had been dragged out of her room by Satou and her gang for the pool. She slipped on her white swimsuit before stepping out onto the deck.

"Splash fight!" Satou yelled. That spiralled into all the girls going at each other's throats, drenching each other in water.

Mori was civilized enough to remain on the sidelines, her juice sitting innocently beside her on the pile of towels.

"Now this feels like summer break!" Ike announced with a fiery passion, crossing his arms behind his head while leaning back in his beach chair.

"Heck yeah." Yamauchi agreed and looked over to where Sakura was drinking her smoothie. His fantasies were interrupted by a certain narcissist.

Koenji cackled as he swam through the water like there was no tomorrow.

"Knock it off, Koenji!" Sudo raised his fists that were now soaked. "Quit laughing, dammit!"

"Horikita-san! Take this!" Kushida splashed water her way.

"Was that really necessary?"

"Well, obviously! Only one of us can be victorious."

Seems like Kushida's hatred for her has only gotten stronger. Which is lovely.

"By the way, Horikita-san, Karuizawa-san asked me to invite you to lunch with us. We should go get changed for it soon."

"Good plan."

"All students, attention please."

Everyone paused what they were doing to hear the announcement.

"The second special test will begin shortly. All students will receive an email from the school. Please check your phones and follow the instructions found there."

Suzune was wiping down her arms when her phone dinged. She scrolled through her inbox and found a new email at the top.

'Regarding the special test,
Please attend the specific location below at the indicated time. Those who are more than ten minutes late shall receive a penalty. Come to room 507 by 5:30pm today.

Advanced Nurturing High School.
Special Test Management Center.'

She can never catch a break, can she?

---

She swiped on her lip balm and then tucked it away in her cardigan.

OOTD Check: Long grey cardigan, messy but elegant bun, tight-ass choker, white sneakers, sleeveless black cropped top paired with high-waisted jean shorts and can't forget the massive hoop earrings.

Those are a must.

Kei had chosen an extremely fancy restaurant to dine at, as usual.

Suzune slung her handbag over her shoulders before making her way through the crowded hallways. It reminds her when she had to board the train to ballet class. Busy, packed, and no one ever gets anywhere.

"Oh! Horikita-san!" Kushida spotted her walking and waved her arm. She bounced over to Suzune with a cheery smile on her face. "Let's walk to the place together!"

"Sure."

After a few minutes of searching, a wrong turn, witnessing some old dude yelling at his wife, they found themselves in front of the fabled teppanyaki place. They walked through the doors and spotted Kei and the other girls chatting away, probably gossiping about who likes who and all that shit.