46

The second years stepped foot on the island for the first time

The second years stepped foot on the island for the first time. Many groups went straight into the mainland, diving headfirst. But Suzune had a different plan.

Each square was about a kilometre in size, so she should be able to get to F9 soon enough if she stuck east. The trees looked easy enough to climb; she'd just have to watch out for tree snakes and bird nests and well... maybe a wild Koenji if her luck's on the down low.

Suzune purchased only two water bottles for light travel. The amount of energy people will lose just from carrying stuff is honestly kind of stupid.

There wouldn't be much forest to weave through as the beach was only less than two kilometres away--it would only be large rocks near the tree line where the sand starts.

Algy is a one slippery bitch.

Kiyotaka heard a beep sound from his watch; it was a notification stating that he earned a point for his arrival. It was an option to adjust the volume on the watch by tapping a button on the side of it, but he decided not to for now.

He looked around but couldn't see anyone. It made sense, considering how large the island was compared to the map they were given. He might not have been able to spot anyone for now, he was certain that there were other people in his surrounding area.

"Oh, Ayanokoji-senpai." Kiyotaka was suddenly greeted by a kouhai; Nanase Tsubasa from class 1-D. She didn't appear to be with her group members, those being Amasawa Ichika and Hosen.

"You aren't with your teammates?" He questioned. "Wouldn't it be best for groups to stick together?"

"Those two are currently investigating the areas. It was a mutual agreement to split up." She explained.

The girl Nanase was still quite the mystery, even with her involvement with Tsukishiro being made clear now. Was she following him around because of his orders, or was it just a coincidence? It would be best to not stick around for longer and to get going as soon as possible.

"This island exam will be difficult for you, senpai." Nanase said, her pale blonde hair swaying slightly from the calming breeze. "Being all alone. Take care." She gave a small wave before heading off to her own destination.

In total, it had taken him 50 minutes to get to D7 from D8, and he now had three hours to wait until the next location would be made public. He pulled out his tablet after checking around for anyone and loaded up the island map. Before long, red dots began appearing on the digital replica, symbolizing tasks. There was one red dot in the corner of D7.

The task was to build a fire. Some other tasks nearby included an English test across from him at E7 and a Geography test up north in D8. The registration period for all tasks was said to be 60 minutes, but they would surely fill up quickly. Up at C6 there was another test being held; a grip strength examination. The registration for this task was set to be two hours long.