16

"The tests have been graded." Chabashira Sensei stepped aside to show the scores on the board.

Suzune was paired with none other than Sudo Ken.

Kei was with Matsushita, Kushida was with Ike, and Sato was with Ayanokoji.

Because he didn't race Mr. President in the sports festival, she didn't have her puppy crush on him. Meaning, her opinion on Ayanokoji was less than pleasant.

"Why do I have to be paired with that guy?" Sato mumbled. "He's so boring and gloomy all the timeeeee."

"There's more to him than meets the eye." Suzune answered. "He's not gonna drown you in boredom."

"He might as well!"

---

"Okay, so is everybody on board for having study sessions to prepare for the exam?" Harem boy asked from the front of the classroom.

"I need the help for sure!"

"Totally!"

"We'll split into groups. Kushida-san, Horikita-san and I will serve as our class's tutors." Hirata continued. "Group 1 will meet after class and Group 2 after clubs' end. Each will get two hours. We'll decide on the groups now."

"Excuse me!" Kushida raised her hand. "I'd love to help both groups as much as I can."

Hirata smiled. "Thank you for volunteering."

"We can do this guys!" Kushida gave her classic smile.

Harem boy split the class into two groups, each group having 6 - 8 people.

After homeroom ended, he walked up to her desk. "I'll be overseeing group 2, if that's okay."

"Fine by me. I'll take group one."

"As for Kushida, she'll be assisting both groups whenever she can."

Said girl suddenly got a notification mid-conversation with the girls. "Well, bye!" She got up from her seat and left the class.

"Hey, can we talk?" A guy with magenta/maroon hair walked up to them with Hasebe. Miyake Akito, pretty average grades and is also a member of the yet to be dubbed Ayanokoji group.

"Oh, Miyake-kun and Hasebe-san. What's up?"

"We got paired up together, but the problem is that both of us struggle with the same subjects..."

"I see... which means you might not hit the minimum score to pass..."

"Both groups have too many people." Suzune said. "But I can help you guys this afternoon and also on Fridays. A separate study group specifically for your weakest links."

"I'll help too." Yukimura appeared out of the blue.

"Yukimura-kun... are you sure?" Hirata asked.

"Yes. I want to help our class get through this exam. During the sports festival I was practically useless."

"That's not true- "

"It's a miracle that our whole class passed the last exam. I doubt we're going to get that lucky again. We can't just focus on our strengths. At this school, if we want our class to move up, all of us have to be well-rounded. Smarts, creativity, instinct. This Paper Shuffle will put all those qualities to the test. And none of us cand do all of it alone." The sheer existence of the person sitting next to Suzune begs to differ. "What we need now, is for our class to come together."

"That makes sense." Ayanokoji spoke up.

The bell rang, signalling the end of class. All the students made their way out the classroom. Suzune and Ayanokoji begun walking to the café, where the Ayanokoji group waited.