18

"No way..." Chabashira muttered. She rapidly flicked through the test booklet to see what was written for the answers, the weak light from her lamp giving her more harm than help. "This can't be true... How could she score..."

Math – 98/100

Science – 92/100

English – 100/100

Japanese – 99/100

Japanese History/HASS – 94/100

Chabashira shook her head to clear it. She gulped.

"If she could score this high on these kinds of questions, then that would mean he would score- "

---

"Hey Suzune!" She got latched onto by a certain teal-haired girl.

"Morning Haruka."

"You sound tired, girl. Did you sleep well?"

"Could've been better."

"Ahhh, I see." Haruka wrapped her arm around her shoulder. "Then... let's get you pumped up for the day!"

"What's that supposed to mea- " She didn't get to respond when Haruka suddenly began running forwards, bringing Suzune with her.

(5 minutes later:

"H-how- how are you..." Haruka panted, kneeling over on the tiled floor in front of their shared classroom. "How are you... not tired?"

"Well, you did run me around so I would wake up, right?"

"... I hate you sometimes."

"Good to know. Now, get up. People are staring.")

---

"You gotta watch out for class C, Suzune! They've been poking and prodding at us non-stop! What if you get hurt??"

As soon as last period ended, Sudo came running up to her desk, concern written on his face.

"I'll be fine. Thanks for worrying, though."

Sudo's eyes went wide. He blinked a few times before flushing bright red. "Y-yeah! Of course! The Big Ken is here for you no matter what!"

"That's nice."

She was about to put on her music when Harem boy came waddling up to her as well.

"Horikita-san. I have a proposal."

"Hm?"

"I think that we should keep up the study groups, not just for tests but for- "

An abrupt thud cut him off. The students all turned to face the door to find Ryuuen and his lackies blocking the way.

"What?"

"Hey, now." Ryuuen smirked.

Sudo raised his fists. "What the hell? This is class D, assholes!"

Hirata put a hand in front of the taller student, staying calm. "Do you have any business here, Ryuuen-kun?"

Ryuuen shoved his hands in his pockets and waltzed into the classroom. "Do I need a special reason to visit another class in my grade level? I'd say you're all jumping at mere shadows."

"In most schools, you wouldn't." Hirata spoke up. "But circumstances are a little different at this school."

"I just think it's time we start being a little friendlier." He noticed Koenji leaving the classroom. He frowned before looking back to his loyal dogs. "Ishizaki." Said man nodded and signalled his mates to chase after him.