4 ¦ She's drunk

Tears run down my cheeks as I get into the black Bentley parked in front of Yeosang's house. While Sunghoon joins me in the back seat, Jay gets in the front on the driver's side and starts the engine. 

Tonight's events are heavy on my stomach and I wish I hadn't gone to that party. I didn't count on Yeosang just fooling me all these months. I really thought that he liked me as much as I liked him. But during all the time we spent together, he only had one thing in mind: revenge. He played his role well and even though he failed to complete his diabolical plan, I feel deeply humiliated. 

Closing my eyes, I lean my forehead against the cold window and feel more tears running down my cheeks as I think of all Yeosang has said about me and my father. Sunghoon is right; I am naive. 

To my unpleasant surprise, my father already greets me impatiently in the hallway, so I try hard not to let on that I'm still drunk. "Did something happen?", my father wants to know when he sees that I am accompanied by Sunghoon. 

Panicking, I turn in Sunghoon's direction. If my father finds out what happened between Yeosang and me, he wouldn't hesitate to send people to Yeosang's house to teach him a lesson. And I certainly don't want that, because for Yeosang, it would probably be merely his confirmation of how he sees me. 

"Dolores got drunk, so I went to the party to pick her up," Sunghoon tells my father. "Then there I found her kissing with another man. If that happens again, I see our deal as being in jeopardy." 

With his arms crossed, Sunghoon stands next to me and I see him briefly contemplate whether to add something else or leave it at that. Apparently he decides on the latter, because he closes his slightly parted lips and looks at my father. 

"This definitely won't happen again, because as of today, she's not going anywhere," my father assures him. My father then turns to me and holds out his hand in invitation. Confused, I look at him, whereupon he rolls his eyes. "Your cell phone," he says. "But-", I put in. "YOUR CELL PHONE!", he yells at me. "You betrayed my trust and exposed me in front of Mr. Park." 

With tears in my eyes, I pull my phone out of the small bag I carry and turn it off before handing it to my father. He snatches it out of my hand and before I know it, he smashes it on the ground and steps on it with his foot, completely destroying it. Shocked, I look at my father.

"Now go to your room, I can't stand your face any longer," he says irritably. I slip my shoes off my feet and run up the big marble stairs to my room. A little too briskly, I slam the door behind me before throwing myself onto my bed and burying my face in one of the pillows. 

A loud cry escapes my lips, which is muffled by the fabric of the pillow. Sobbing, I sit up in my bed and take a look in my mirror, which is directly opposite my bed. I hardly recognize myself. My eyes are red from the alcohol and all the crying, and my mascara is completely smeared. 

Sobbing, I look down at my blue-stained wrists. Crying, I bury my face in my hands. Didn't my father see that something was wrong? Or does he possibly just not care? 

A soft knock on the door snaps me out of my thoughts. "No, I want to be alone," I say firmly. I can't bear any more reproaches from my father. But despite my request to be left alone, the door opens.